Further down the page, you'll find some explanations regarding the key similarities and differences between the Stihl RB 600 and the Stihl RB 800.
But before checking out explanations regarding their power, design, and features here's a table that summarizes the main pros of each of these 2 pressure washers:As the RB 600 and the RB 800 are both Stihl pressure washers, they benefit from the same level of quality and attention to detail. Power Comparison
- Fuel: Both units are gas-powered pressure washers.
- Engine & Pump: The Stihl RB 600 and the Stihl RB 800 both use a triplex plunger pump to put water under pressure. The latter's pump is manufactured by Annovi Reverberi. The pump on the Stihl RB 600 is powered by a 208 cc engine, while the Stihl RB 800 uses a 429 cc engine. Both devices use a conventional pull-start mechanism to operate.
The following charts are provided to show you at a glance how the main specs of the Stihl RB 600 compare to the Stihl RB 800.
- Pressure: With a maximum reachable pressure of 4200 PSI, the Stihl RB 800 provides a much higher force to blast off dirt and grime than the 3200 PSI of the Stihl RB 600.
- Water Flow: When operating at low pressure, the RB 800 can generate a much higher maximum volume of water than the RB 600. It can deliver up to 4 GPM (gallons per minute), whereas the RB 600 offers a maximum water flow of 3 GPM. The former should thus allow you to rinse away dirt and debris with significantly better efficiency and speed.
- Cleaning Power: With its 16800 C.U. (Cleaning Units = PSI x GPM), the RB 800 offers a much higher overall cleaning efficiency than the Stihl RB 600 and its 9600 C.U.
- Design: Both units are constructed with a hand truck design. Therefore, if either of these 2 devices should provide better mobility, it would be due to its wheels and weight (which we detail just below).
- Weight: Weighing 118 lbs, the RB 600 is far lighter than the 168 lbs of the RB 800.
- Maneuverability: Both products benefit from a set of wheels, which greatly contributes to their maneuverability. Both offer a folding handle, which improves your grip when you wish to move them.
- Soap Addition: Both washers allow for the addition of chemical detergent solutions to the water. In both cases, this is done via a siphon hose.
- Trigger Gun & Wand: Each of these 2 units comes with a fairly standard ergonomic trigger gun and a classic wand.
- Nozzles: Out of the box, the RB 800 and the RB 600 both come with a 5-nozzle package. The set of included nozzles is the same in either case: 0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, and a soap nozzle.
- Reach: With its included 50 ft high-pressure hose, the Stihl RB 800 will allow you, out of the box, to move farther away from the unit than the Stihl RB 600 and its 40 ft high-pressure hose.
- Storage: The RB 600 and RB 800 both offer onboard storage that allows you to neatly keep the accessories you need at hand. Both washers feature a set of hooks to help you neatly store their high pressure hoses when not in use.