WE ARE PROUD TO BE INDEPENDENT AND IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH MANUFACTURERS. TO STAY UNBIASED, WE DO NOT ACCEPT FREE PRODUCTS. WE EARN FROM ADVERTISING FEES PAID BY RETAILERS ON QUALIFYING PURCHASES.
Stihl RE 90 vs Kärcher K4 - The Differences
Further down the page, you'll find some explanations regarding the key similarities and differences between the Kärcher K4 and the Stihl RE 90.
But before checking out explanations regarding their power, design, and features here's a table that summarizes the main pros of each of these 2 pressure washers:As the Stihl RE 90 and the Kärcher K4 have different manufacturers, their overall build and technology in use can vary. Power Comparison
- Fuel: Both units are electric pressure washers.
- Engine & Pump: The Kärcher K4 and the Stihl RE 90 both use an axial-type pump to put water under pressure. The former's pump is manufactured by N-COR. In either case, the pump is powered by a 13-amp motor. However, the Kärcher K4 has the advantage of featuring an induction motor which is more energy-efficient, quiet and durable than the universal motor of the Stihl RE 90.
The following charts are provided to show you at a glance how the main specs of the Karcher K4 compare to the Stihl RE 90.
- Pressure: With a maximum reachable pressure of 1900 PSI, the Kärcher K4 provides a somewhat higher force to blast off dirt and grime than the 1800 PSI of the Stihl RE 90.
- Water Flow: When operating at low pressure, the Kärcher K4 can generate a much higher maximum volume of water than the Stihl RE 90. It can deliver up to 1.5 GPM (gallons per minute), whereas the Stihl RE 90 offers a maximum water flow of 1.2 GPM. The former should thus allow you to rinse away dirt and debris with significantly better efficiency and speed.
- Cleaning Power: With its 2850 C.U., the Kärcher K4 offers a much higher overall cleaning efficiency than the Stihl RE 90 and its 2160 C.U.
- Design: With their compact design, both units are constructed with a strong focus on portability in mind.
- Weight: At 23.4 lbs, the RE 90 is somewhat lighter than the 26.5 lbs of the K4.
- Maneuverability: Both products benefit from a set of wheels, which greatly contributes to their maneuverability. Both offer a handle, which improves your grip when you wish to move them.
- Soap Addition: Both washers allow for the addition of chemical detergent solutions to the water. For the Stihl RE 90, this is achieved via a foam cannon attachment, whereas the Kärcher K4 uses an onboard detergent tank.
- Trigger Gun & Wand: While each of these 2 units comes with a fairly standard ergonomic trigger gun, the Kärcher K4 sports a VPS wand, while the Stihl RE 90 has a classic one.
- Nozzles: The Kärcher K4 doesn't come with any nozzles (its aforementioned wand removes the need for any), but the Stihl RE 90 is supplied with two (fan-jet and rotary).
- Reach: With its included 25 ft high-pressure hose, the Kärcher K4 will allow you, out of the box, to move farther away from the unit than the Stihl RE 90 and its 19 ft high pressure hose. As both units feature a 35 ft power cord, their maximum allowable placement from an electrical outlet is the same.
- Storage: The K4 and RE 90 both offer onboard storage that allows you to neatly keep the accessories you need at hand. Both washers feature a set of hooks to help you neatly store their high pressure hoses when not in use.
- Accessories: In addition to the usual set of included accessories, the Kärcher K4 also comes with dirt blaster and detergent tank.