The A-iPower PWF4200SH is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4200 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||420cc 13 HP Senci SC420 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 39.3 x 26 x 25.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, tool kit, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil and trigger lock|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the A-iPower PWF4200SH
The A-iPower PWF4200SH is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using an impressive 420 cc (13 hp) engine, its brass triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 4200 PSI (roughly 70 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 16800 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Senci SC420 engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.7 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the A-iPower PWF4200SH grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
The unit's weight of 132 lbs renders its carrying and transportation challenging, as it is far from lightweight. Its 420 cc Senci SC420 engine, the triplex pump and steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels, which play a key role in its maneuverability.
The A-iPower PWF4200SH comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with A-iPower PWF4200SH's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the A-iPower PWF4200SH comes with tool kit, spray gun, wand, pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, oil, funnel and soap hose.
- Emissions: The A-iPower PWF4200SH is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The A-iPower PWF4200SH's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the A-iPower PWF4200SH compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 4200 PSI, the A-iPower PWF4200SH is one of the gas-powered products that can produce the highest water pressure, in the $625 to $700 price range.
- With a maximum GPM of 4 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best in terms of water flow, in its respective price range.
- The PWF4200SH, with its 16800 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 16500 and 17000 Cleaning Units, the A-iPower PWF4200SH is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
A-iPower, which stands for American Innovation, is a subsidiary of SENCI Electric Mechanical Co. Ltd. Headquartered in Ontario, California, they have an engineering office in Charlotte, NC, and technical and distribution center in Milwaukee, WI. For almost 30 years, A-iPower has been dedicated to providing excellent customer service and product solutions for a wide range of consumer and commercial power generation equipment. They offer portable generators, pressure washers, gasoline engines, and water pumps for the professional trade and homeowners.
The A-iPower PWF4200SH is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of A-iPower pressure washers, please contact the A-iPower Customer Support: 1-855-888-3598.