The AR Blue Clean AR240S is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the AR Blue Clean AR240S
The AR Blue Clean AR240S is a light duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The AR Blue Clean AR240S's aluminum axial pump, powered by a 13 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1700 PSI (approximately 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The AR Blue Clean AR240S thus has a cleaning power of 2380 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the AR Blue Clean AR240S's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14.3 x W15 x H32 in, the AR Blue Clean AR240S makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
Because the device weighs just 23.7 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 6" wheels.
The AR Blue Clean AR240S's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.2 gal tank. However, since the AR Blue Clean AR240S does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the adjustable wand is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Pencil Stream' pattern.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. AR Blue Clean's adjustable wand has two positions: 'IN' for high pressure spray and 'OUT' for low pressure (detergent application). Once a pressure mode is selected, the nozzle head can be twisted to choose the spray pattern.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The AR Blue Clean AR240S comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get turbo lance, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, wand, spray gun and power cord.
The AR Blue Clean AR240S's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the AR Blue Clean AR240S compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 1700 PSI, the AR Blue Clean AR240S finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $100 and $150. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Realm BIOP with 2400 PSI.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 1.4 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX3200, with a GPM of 1.76.
- With the AR240S's 2380 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to electric units of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BCMT, which can reach up to 3675 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the AR Blue Clean AR240S is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial|
|Soap tank||0.2 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14.3 x 15 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, turbo lance|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Annovi Reverberi
Founded in Modena, Italy, in 1958, Annovi Reverberi (AR) has been a leader in the design and production of high-pressure water pumps and related equipment. Exports abroad began in 1962, and in 1981 AR started marketing to the US. With production and distribution spanning five continents, including a US headquarters in Minnesota, AR's Blue Clean division continues to provide quality products including pressure washers, vacuum cleaners, window washers, and ash cleaners. Combining Italian workmanship with technological innovation, their motto, "The Power of Experience", has been a driving force for the company for over 60 years.
The AR Blue Clean AR240S is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of AR Blue Clean pressure washers, please consult Annovi Reverberi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-235-5112.