The AR Blue Clean AR240S is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the AR Blue Clean AR240S
The AR Blue Clean AR240S, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp motor, its aluminum axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 1700 PSI (roughly 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2380 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the AR240S is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14.3 x W15 x H32 in, the AR Blue Clean AR240S makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 23.7 lbs. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. A set of two 6" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The AR Blue Clean AR240S comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.2 gal tank. However, since the AR Blue Clean AR240S does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the adjustable wand is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Pencil Stream' pattern.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. AR Blue Clean's adjustable wand has two positions: 'IN' for high pressure spray and 'OUT' for low pressure (detergent application). Once a pressure mode is selected, the nozzle head can be twisted to choose the spray pattern.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the AR Blue Clean AR240S comes with pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, wand, turbo lance, spray gun and power cord.
The AR Blue Clean AR240S's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the AR Blue Clean AR240S compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The AR Blue Clean AR240S, a device which can produce up to 1700 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $195-270 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Sun Joe SPX4600 with 3000 PSI.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 1.4 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX4001, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- With 2380 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the AR240S is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BIMK, which can reach up to 4550 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the AR Blue Clean AR240S is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial|
|Soap tank||0.2 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14.3 x 15 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, turbo lance|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Annovi Reverberi
Founded in Modena, Italy, in 1958, Annovi Reverberi (AR) has been a leader in the design and production of high-pressure water pumps and related equipment. Exports abroad began in 1962, and in 1981 AR started marketing to the US. With production and distribution spanning five continents, including a US headquarters in Minnesota, AR's Blue Clean division continues to provide quality products including pressure washers, vacuum cleaners, window washers, and ash cleaners. Combining Italian workmanship with technological innovation, their motto, "The Power of Experience", has been a driving force for the company for over 60 years.
The AR Blue Clean AR240S is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of AR Blue Clean pressure washers, please consult Annovi Reverberi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-235-5112.