The AR Blue Clean AR240S is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the AR Blue Clean AR240S
The AR Blue Clean AR240S, a light duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp universal motor, its aluminum axial pump delivers a pressure of 1700 PSI (roughly 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.4 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards), resulting in the AR Blue Clean AR240S's cleaning power of 2380 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the AR240S gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14.3 x W15 x H32 in, the AR Blue Clean AR240S makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
With a weight of only 23.7 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 6" wheels.
The AR Blue Clean AR240S comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.2 gal tank. As the AR Blue Clean AR240S doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the adjustable wand is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Pencil Stream' pattern.
- Pressure hose: The 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. AR Blue Clean's adjustable wand has two positions: 'IN' for high pressure spray and 'OUT' for low pressure (detergent application). Once a pressure mode is selected, the nozzle head can be twisted to choose the spray pattern.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the AR Blue Clean AR240S are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, turbo lance, power cord, nozzle cleaner, wand and pressure hose.
The AR Blue Clean AR240S's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the AR Blue Clean AR240S compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The AR Blue Clean AR240S and its 1700 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $150 and $170. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Realm BY03-VBP-WTR with 2400 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.4 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, with 1.8 GPM.
- The AR240S ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2380 CU (PSI x GPM). If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY03-VBP-WTR, which can reach up to 4200 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the AR Blue Clean AR240S is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial|
|Soap tank||0.2 gal, removable|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14.3 x 15 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, turbo lance|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Annovi Reverberi
Founded in Modena, Italy, in 1958, Annovi Reverberi (AR) has been a leader in the design and production of high-pressure water pumps and related equipment. Exports abroad began in 1962, and in 1981 AR started marketing to the US. With production and distribution spanning five continents, including a US headquarters in Minnesota, AR's Blue Clean division continues to provide quality products including pressure washers, vacuum cleaners, window washers, and ash cleaners. Combining Italian workmanship with technological innovation, their motto, "The Power of Experience", has been a driving force for the company for over 60 years.
The AR Blue Clean AR240S is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of AR Blue Clean pressure washers, please consult Annovi Reverberi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-235-5112.