The AR Blue Clean AR383 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1900 PSI and flow of 1.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the AR Blue Clean AR383
In summary, the AR Blue Clean AR383 is a light to medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 15 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1900 PSI (almost 32 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2850 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the AR383 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D11.5 x W12.3 x H28.5 in, the AR Blue Clean AR383 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the AR383 convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 27 lbs. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 7" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. However, since the AR Blue Clean AR383 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use.
- Pressure hose: Using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan, the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. AR Blue Clean's adjustable wand has two positions: 'IN' for high pressure spray and 'OUT' for low pressure (detergent application). Once a pressure mode is selected, the nozzle head can be twisted to choose the spray pattern.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the AR Blue Clean AR383 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as turbo lance, power cord, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, wand and spray gun.
The AR Blue Clean AR383's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the AR Blue Clean AR383 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The AR Blue Clean AR383, which can reach a PSI of 1900, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other electric units that cost between $120 and $150. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Realm BIOP with 2400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer, which can reach 1.5, can be considered in the average. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, with a GPM of 1.76.
- The 2850 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the AR383 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Realm BIOP and its 3600 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the AR Blue Clean AR383 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 11.5 x 12.3 x 28.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, turbo lance|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Annovi Reverberi
Founded in Modena, Italy, in 1958, Annovi Reverberi (AR) has been a leader in the design and production of high-pressure water pumps and related equipment. Exports abroad began in 1962, and in 1981 AR started marketing to the US. With production and distribution spanning five continents, including a US headquarters in Minnesota, AR's Blue Clean division continues to provide quality products including pressure washers, vacuum cleaners, window washers, and ash cleaners. Combining Italian workmanship with technological innovation, their motto, "The Power of Experience", has been a driving force for the company for over 60 years.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of AR Blue Clean pressure washers, please consult Annovi Reverberi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-235-5112.