The AR Blue Clean AR383 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1900 PSI and flow of 1.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 11.5 x 12.3 x 28.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, turbo lance|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the AR Blue Clean AR383
The AR Blue Clean AR383, a light to medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 15 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 1900 PSI (roughly 32 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2850 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the AR383 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D11.5 x W12.3 x H28.5 in, the AR Blue Clean AR383 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the AR383 convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 27 lbs. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 7" wheels.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. It must be noted that the AR Blue Clean AR383 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted.
- Pressure hose: Using a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan, the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand can be easily stored in a side hook. AR Blue Clean's adjustable wand has two positions: 'IN' for high pressure spray and 'OUT' for low pressure (detergent application). Once a pressure mode is selected, the nozzle head can be twisted to choose the spray pattern.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the AR Blue Clean AR383 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, spray gun, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), power cord and turbo lance.
The AR Blue Clean AR383's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the AR Blue Clean AR383 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 1900 PSI max pressure output, the AR Blue Clean AR383 is in the expected pressure range, for electric units in the $120-150 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX that can reach up to 2800 PSI.
- Considering the above-mentioned price range, this washer's maximum water flow of 1.5 GPM (gallons per minute) is higher than the average. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Westinghouse ePX3050, with a GPM of 1.76.
- The AR383, with its 2850 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Westinghouse ePX3050 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the AR Blue Clean AR383 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
About Annovi Reverberi
Founded in Modena, Italy, in 1958, Annovi Reverberi (AR) has been a leader in the design and production of high-pressure water pumps and related equipment. Exports abroad began in 1962, and in 1981 AR started marketing to the US. With production and distribution spanning five continents, including a US headquarters in Minnesota, AR's Blue Clean division continues to provide quality products including pressure washers, vacuum cleaners, window washers, and ash cleaners. Combining Italian workmanship with technological innovation, their motto, "The Power of Experience", has been a driving force for the company for over 60 years.
The AR Blue Clean AR383 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of AR Blue Clean pressure washers, please consult Annovi Reverberi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-235-5112.