The AR Blue Clean AR383S is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial|
|Soap tank||0.2 gal, removable|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 14.3 x 15 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, adjustable wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, turbo lance|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the AR Blue Clean AR383S
In summary, the AR Blue Clean AR383S is a light duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp universal motor, its aluminum axial pump can deliver a pressure of 1800 PSI (around 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values as per CSA testing standards). Combined, these values mean that the AR Blue Clean AR383S has a cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the AR383S gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D14.3 x W15 x H32 in, the AR Blue Clean AR383S makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the AR383S convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 26 lbs. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. A set of two 6" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
Along with the AR Blue Clean AR383S itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.2 gal tank. It must be noted that the AR Blue Clean AR383S doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. Detergent is automatically added to the water when the adjustable wand is set to low pressure mode and to the 'Pencil Stream' pattern.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a convenient hose reel, which also improves its lifespan.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its versatile wand. AR Blue Clean's adjustable wand has two positions: 'IN' for high pressure spray and 'OUT' for low pressure (detergent application). Once a pressure mode is selected, the nozzle head can be twisted to choose the spray pattern.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The AR Blue Clean AR383S comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, wand, nozzle cleaner, turbo lance, pressure hose and power cord.
The AR Blue Clean AR383S's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the AR Blue Clean AR383S compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The AR Blue Clean AR383S and its 1800 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $170 and $200. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3550 with 2350 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX3550, that can deliver up to 1.8 GPM.
- The 2340 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the AR383S sit at an average, in reference to other electric units of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Pulsar PWE2000 and its 3200 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
Here's a list of the most popular specific comparisons:
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the AR Blue Clean AR383S is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Annovi Reverberi
Founded in Modena, Italy, in 1958, Annovi Reverberi (AR) has been a leader in the design and production of high-pressure water pumps and related equipment. Exports abroad began in 1962, and in 1981 AR started marketing to the US. With production and distribution spanning five continents, including a US headquarters in Minnesota, AR's Blue Clean division continues to provide quality products including pressure washers, vacuum cleaners, window washers, and ash cleaners. Combining Italian workmanship with technological innovation, their motto, "The Power of Experience", has been a driving force for the company for over 60 years.
The AR Blue Clean AR383S is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of AR Blue Clean pressure washers, please consult Annovi Reverberi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-235-5112.