The AR Blue Clean BC111HS is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.7 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Motor||12.5 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13 x 12 x 24 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the AR Blue Clean BC111HS
In a nutshell, the AR Blue Clean BC111HS is a light duty pressure washer that allows:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The AR Blue Clean BC111HS's aluminum axial (wobble plate) pump, powered by a 12.5 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1600 PSI (approximately 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.7 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1160 PSI and rated flow is 1.2 GPM. The AR Blue Clean BC111HS thus has a cleaning power of 1392 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the BC111HS is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D13 x W12 x H24 in, the AR Blue Clean BC111HS makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the BC111HS convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 14.6 lbs, it is very easily carried around. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. This light weight compensates for the fact that the BC111HS doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
Along with the AR Blue Clean BC111HS itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, a nozzle tip and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: The included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzle: the following nozzle is included.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with AR Blue Clean BC111HS's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the AR Blue Clean BC111HS also comes with pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), wand, spray gun and power cord.
The AR Blue Clean BC111HS's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the AR Blue Clean BC111HS compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The AR Blue Clean BC111HS, a device which can produce up to 1600 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $120-150 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Westinghouse ePX3500, which reaches up to 2500 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 1.7 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, with 1.8 GPM.
- The BC111HS's Cleaning Units, 1392 CU, fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Pulsar PWE2001V, which can reach up to 3200 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1000 and 1500 Cleaning Units, the AR Blue Clean BC111HS is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
About Annovi Reverberi
Founded in Modena, Italy, in 1958, Annovi Reverberi (AR) has been a leader in the design and production of high-pressure water pumps and related equipment. Exports abroad began in 1962, and in 1981 AR started marketing to the US. With production and distribution spanning five continents, including a US headquarters in Minnesota, AR's Blue Clean division continues to provide quality products including pressure washers, vacuum cleaners, window washers, and ash cleaners. Combining Italian workmanship with technological innovation, their motto, "The Power of Experience", has been a driving force for the company for over 60 years.
The AR Blue Clean BC111HS is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of AR Blue Clean pressure washers, please consult Annovi Reverberi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-235-5112.