The AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.7 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Motor||14.3 amp, universal|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 22.5 x 17.8 x 36.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS
The AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS is a medium duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
With a 14.3 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of 2300 PSI (roughly 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.7 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1800 PSI and rated flow is 1.1 GPM, resulting in the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS's cleaning power of 1980 Cleaning Units.
The BC2N1HSS is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L22.5 x W17.8 x H36.5 in. Its sturdy metal frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the BC2N1HSS convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 31.1 lbs. A set of two 7" never-flat wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
In addition to that, the unit can be detached from the frame to become a versatile hand-carry device that allows you to use it anywhere on-the-go.
Along with the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Wall-mountable: The unit can be stored on the wall thanks to the AR2N1-WMKIT (opens in a new tab) wall mount kit (not included). This is a welcomed feature when we need a neater storage solution or to clean the same area regularly (garage, barn, workshop, storage room, etc.)
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: With the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), power cord, pressure hose and spray gun.
The AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 2300 PSI, the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $240 and $300. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Sun Joe SPX4600, which reaches up to 3000 PSI.
- With a water flow of up to 1.7 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the upper end of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Greenworks GPW2200 has the highest GPM of 2.3.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 1980 Cleaning Units of the BC2N1HSS rank as low. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Ryobi RY142711 and its 2970 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Annovi Reverberi
Founded in Modena, Italy, in 1958, Annovi Reverberi (AR) has been a leader in the design and production of high-pressure water pumps and related equipment. Exports abroad began in 1962, and in 1981 AR started marketing to the US. With production and distribution spanning five continents, including a US headquarters in Minnesota, AR's Blue Clean division continues to provide quality products including pressure washers, vacuum cleaners, window washers, and ash cleaners. Combining Italian workmanship with technological innovation, their motto, "The Power of Experience", has been a driving force for the company for over 60 years.
The AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of AR Blue Clean pressure washers, please consult Annovi Reverberi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-235-5112.