The AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2300 PSI and flow of 1.7 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Motor||14.3 amp, universal|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 22.5 x 17.8 x 36.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7", never flat|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS
In summary, the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Powered by a 14.3 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump can deliver a pressure of 2300 PSI (around 38 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.7 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1800 PSI and rated flow is 1.1 GPM. Combined, these values mean that the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS has a cleaning power of 1980 Cleaning Units.
The BC2N1HSS is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L22.5 x W17.8 x H36.5 in. The strong metal frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the BC2N1HSS convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Since the unit weighs only 31.1 lbs, it is very easily carried around. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 7" never-flat wheels.
In addition to that, the unit can be detached from the frame to become a versatile hand-carry device that allows you to use it anywhere on-the-go.
The AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Wall-mountable: The unit can be stored on the wall thanks to the AR2N1-WMKIT (opens in a new tab) wall mount kit (not included). This is a welcomed feature when we need a neater storage solution or to clean the same area regularly (garage, barn, workshop, storage room, etc.)
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS also comes with foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), pressure hose, wand, power cord and spray gun.
The AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2300, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $300 to $400 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Greenworks GPW3000 with 3000 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 1.7 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the higher values found in the above-mentioned price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Greenworks GPW2200, with a GPM of 2.3.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 1980 Cleaning Units of the BC2N1HSS rank as low. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Greenworks GPW3000 with its 3300 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Annovi Reverberi
Founded in Modena, Italy, in 1958, Annovi Reverberi (AR) has been a leader in the design and production of high-pressure water pumps and related equipment. Exports abroad began in 1962, and in 1981 AR started marketing to the US. With production and distribution spanning five continents, including a US headquarters in Minnesota, AR's Blue Clean division continues to provide quality products including pressure washers, vacuum cleaners, window washers, and ash cleaners. Combining Italian workmanship with technological innovation, their motto, "The Power of Experience", has been a driving force for the company for over 60 years.
The AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of AR Blue Clean pressure washers, please consult Annovi Reverberi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-235-5112.