The AR Blue Clean BC383HS is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.7 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the AR Blue Clean BC383HS
The AR Blue Clean BC383HS is a medium duty pressure washer, and enables:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The AR Blue Clean BC383HS's aluminum axial (wobble plate) pump, powered by a 13 amp motor, can provide a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (approximately 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.7 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The AR Blue Clean BC383HS thus has a cleaning power of 3400 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the BC383HS gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D15 x W14.5 x H32.5 in, the AR Blue Clean BC383HS makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 21.8 lbs. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. A set of two 6.3" never-flat wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The AR Blue Clean BC383HS's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 2 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: With the AR Blue Clean BC383HS's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the AR Blue Clean BC383HS comes with garden hose adapter, spray gun, nozzle cleaner, power cord, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), pressure hose and wand.
The AR Blue Clean BC383HS's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the AR Blue Clean BC383HS compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The AR Blue Clean BC383HS, reaching a PSI of up to 2000, is one of the more powerful electric units in $100-150 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Realm BIOP with 2400 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 1.7 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the higher values found in the above-mentioned price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- Reaching up to 3400 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the BC383HS is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Realm BY02-BCMT with its 3675 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3000 and 3500 Cleaning Units, the AR Blue Clean BC383HS is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 15 x 14.5 x 32.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6.3", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, garden hose adapter, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Annovi Reverberi
Founded in Modena, Italy, in 1958, Annovi Reverberi (AR) has been a leader in the design and production of high-pressure water pumps and related equipment. Exports abroad began in 1962, and in 1981 AR started marketing to the US. With production and distribution spanning five continents, including a US headquarters in Minnesota, AR's Blue Clean division continues to provide quality products including pressure washers, vacuum cleaners, window washers, and ash cleaners. Combining Italian workmanship with technological innovation, their motto, "The Power of Experience", has been a driving force for the company for over 60 years.
The AR Blue Clean BC383HS is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of AR Blue Clean pressure washers, please consult Annovi Reverberi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-235-5112.