The AR Blue Clean BC383HSS is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2150 PSI and flow of 1.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the AR Blue Clean BC383HSS
In a nutshell, the AR Blue Clean BC383HSS is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp motor, its aluminum axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of 2150 PSI (roughly 36 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the AR Blue Clean BC383HSS's cleaning power of 3440 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the AR Blue Clean BC383HSS's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D15 x W14.5 x H32.5 in, the AR Blue Clean BC383HSS makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
Because the device weighs just 24.7 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. A set of two 6.3" never-flat wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The AR Blue Clean BC383HSS comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The AR Blue Clean BC383HSS features a handy storage tray, which allows you to neatly store all its nozzles. The storage solution offered by this model is quite singular, as it allows storing the nozzles directly on the gun, instead of on the unit.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the AR Blue Clean BC383HSS comes with foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), power cord, pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, spray gun and wand.
The AR Blue Clean BC383HSS's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the AR Blue Clean BC383HSS compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The AR Blue Clean BC383HSS, with a maximum pressure output of 2150 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $150 to $200 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with 2800 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 1.6 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the WEN PW21, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- The BC383HSS, with its 3440 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3000 and 3500 Cleaning Units, the AR Blue Clean BC383HSS is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 15 x 14.5 x 32.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6.3", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Annovi Reverberi
Founded in Modena, Italy, in 1958, Annovi Reverberi (AR) has been a leader in the design and production of high-pressure water pumps and related equipment. Exports abroad began in 1962, and in 1981 AR started marketing to the US. With production and distribution spanning five continents, including a US headquarters in Minnesota, AR's Blue Clean division continues to provide quality products including pressure washers, vacuum cleaners, window washers, and ash cleaners. Combining Italian workmanship with technological innovation, their motto, "The Power of Experience", has been a driving force for the company for over 60 years.
The AR Blue Clean BC383HSS is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of AR Blue Clean pressure washers, please consult Annovi Reverberi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-235-5112.