The AR Blue Clean BC383HSS is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2150 PSI and flow of 1.6 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 15 x 14.5 x 32.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6.3", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the AR Blue Clean BC383HSS
In a nutshell, the AR Blue Clean BC383HSS is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
With a 13 amp universal motor, its aluminum axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of 2150 PSI (roughly 36 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.6 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). These are the maximum values that the washer can reach only under specific conditions. Under typical load, working pressure is 1700 PSI and rated flow is 1.1 GPM, resulting in the AR Blue Clean BC383HSS's cleaning power of 1870 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the AR Blue Clean BC383HSS's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D15 x W14.5 x H32.5 in, the AR Blue Clean BC383HSS makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
Standing at only 24.7 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 6.3" never-flat wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the AR Blue Clean BC383HSS itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. The foam cannon features a dial to allow you to manually choose the detergent dilution ratio.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The AR Blue Clean BC383HSS features a handy storage tray, which allows you to neatly store all its nozzles. The storage solution offered by this model is quite singular, as it allows storing the nozzles directly on the gun, instead of on the unit.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The AR Blue Clean BC383HSS comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, pressure hose, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), spray gun, nozzle cleaner and power cord.
The AR Blue Clean BC383HSS's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the AR Blue Clean BC383HSS compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 2150 PSI max pressure output, the AR Blue Clean BC383HSS is in the expected pressure range, for electric units in the $195-255 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Sun Joe SPX4600, which reaches up to 3000 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 1.6 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3550, which can reach up to 1.8 GPM.
- The BC383HSS's Cleaning Units, 1870 CU, fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Pulsar PWE2019 with its 3200 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the AR Blue Clean BC383HSS is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Onboard storage
- High GPM for the price
- Decent PSI for the price
- Could include more nozzles
- No additional pressure control
- Low CU for the price
About Annovi Reverberi
Founded in Modena, Italy, in 1958, Annovi Reverberi (AR) has been a leader in the design and production of high-pressure water pumps and related equipment. Exports abroad began in 1962, and in 1981 AR started marketing to the US. With production and distribution spanning five continents, including a US headquarters in Minnesota, AR's Blue Clean division continues to provide quality products including pressure washers, vacuum cleaners, window washers, and ash cleaners. Combining Italian workmanship with technological innovation, their motto, "The Power of Experience", has been a driving force for the company for over 60 years.
The AR Blue Clean BC383HSS is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of AR Blue Clean pressure washers, please consult Annovi Reverberi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-235-5112.