The AR Blue Clean MAXX2200 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2200 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (122°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial|
|Soap tank||0.2 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.2 x 18.7 x 36.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀5"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the AR Blue Clean MAXX2200
The AR Blue Clean MAXX2200, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp universal motor, its aluminum axial pump delivers a pressure of 2200 PSI (roughly 37 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the AR Blue Clean MAXX2200's cleaning power of 2640 Cleaning Units.
The MAXX2200 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF button. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The AR Blue Clean MAXX2200 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23.2 x W18.7 x H36.5 in. The robust and sturdy metal frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the MAXX2200 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 49 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. A set of two 5" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
In addition to that, the unit can be detached from the frame to become a versatile hand-carry device that allows you to use it anywhere on-the-go.
The AR Blue Clean MAXX2200 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.2 gal tank. The detergent dilution ratio can be manually selected, using a dial. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Wall-mountable: The unit can be stored on the wall thanks to a wall mount kit (not included). This is a welcomed feature when we need a neater storage solution or to clean the same area regularly (garage, barn, workshop, storage room, etc.)
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with AR Blue Clean MAXX2200's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The AR Blue Clean MAXX2200 comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), power cord, pressure hose and spray gun.
The AR Blue Clean MAXX2200's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the AR Blue Clean MAXX2200 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The AR Blue Clean MAXX2200, a device which can produce up to 2200 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $300-400 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO that can reach up to 3200 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Greenworks GPW2200, with 2.3 GPM.
- The 2640 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the MAXX2200 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Greenworks GPW3000 and its 3300 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the AR Blue Clean MAXX2200 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Annovi Reverberi
Founded in Modena, Italy, in 1958, Annovi Reverberi (AR) has been a leader in the design and production of high-pressure water pumps and related equipment. Exports abroad began in 1962, and in 1981 AR started marketing to the US. With production and distribution spanning five continents, including a US headquarters in Minnesota, AR's Blue Clean division continues to provide quality products including pressure washers, vacuum cleaners, window washers, and ash cleaners. Combining Italian workmanship with technological innovation, their motto, "The Power of Experience", has been a driving force for the company for over 60 years.
The AR Blue Clean MAXX2200 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of AR Blue Clean pressure washers, please consult Annovi Reverberi's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-866-235-5112.