The Black+Decker BEPW1600 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 14.4 x 10 x 11 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Black+Decker BEPW1600
In a nutshell, the Black+Decker BEPW1600 is a light duty pressure washer that allows:
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 1600 PSI (roughly 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 1920 Cleaning Units.
The BEPW1600 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L14.4 x W10 x H11 in, the Black+Decker BEPW1600 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the BEPW1600 convenience of transport.
With a weight of only 17.4 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. This light weight compensates for the fact that the BEPW1600 doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
Along with the Black+Decker BEPW1600 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching a foam cannon (not included) to the end of the wand.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 20 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: This unit includes a classic ergonomic spray gun and a wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 2 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Black+Decker BEPW1600's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Black+Decker BEPW1600 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, power cord, spray gun and wand.
The Black+Decker BEPW1600's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Black+Decker BEPW1600 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Black+Decker BEPW1600, a device which can produce up to 1600 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $100-130 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX with a PSI of 2100.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, with a GPM of 1.8.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 1920 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the BEPW1600 are average. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Pulsar PWE2001V and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Black+Decker BEPW1600 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The Black+Decker BEPW1600 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker pressure washers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.