The Black+Decker BEPW1600 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1600 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 14.4 x 10 x 11 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Black+Decker BEPW1600
The Black+Decker BEPW1600 is a light duty pressure washer, and enables:
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 13 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1600 PSI (almost 27 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 1920 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the BEPW1600 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L14.4 x W10 x H11 in, the Black+Decker BEPW1600 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the BEPW1600 convenience of transport.
Standing at only 17.4 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. This light weight compensates for the fact that the BEPW1600 doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
The Black+Decker BEPW1600 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching a foam cannon (not included) to the end of the wand.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 20 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The device comes with a classic ergonomic spray gun and a wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 2 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Black+Decker BEPW1600 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Black+Decker BEPW1600 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, spray gun, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose and power cord.
The Black+Decker BEPW1600's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Black+Decker BEPW1600 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Black+Decker BEPW1600 with its 1600 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $100-130 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX, which reaches up to 2800 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, which can reach up to 1.8 GPM.
- The 1920 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the BEPW1600 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Pulsar PWE1600, which can reach up to 2560 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 1500 and 2000 Cleaning Units, the Black+Decker BEPW1600 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The Black+Decker BEPW1600 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker pressure washers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.