The Black+Decker BEPW1700 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 10.8 x 11.1 x 19.4 in|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Black+Decker BEPW1700
In summary, the Black+Decker BEPW1700 is a light duty pressure washer, which provides:
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 13 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1700 PSI (almost 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2040 Cleaning Units.
The BEPW1700 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D10.8 x W11.1 x H19.4 in, the Black+Decker BEPW1700 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the BEPW1700 convenience of transport.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 19.4 lbs. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. Even though the BEPW1700 doesn’t have any wheels, their absence is fully compensated by this light weight.
The Black+Decker BEPW1700 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 2 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Black+Decker BEPW1700 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Black+Decker BEPW1700 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, power cord, nozzle cleaner, spray gun, wand and foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water).
The Black+Decker BEPW1700's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Black+Decker BEPW1700 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Black+Decker BEPW1700 with its 1700 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $120-150 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Westinghouse EPX3500 with 2500 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Westinghouse EPX3500, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- The 2040 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the BEPW1700 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Pulsar PWE1600 with its 2560 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Black+Decker BEPW1700 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The bottom line
- Onboard storage
- Decent CU for the price
- Could include more nozzles
- Low PSI for the price
- Low GPM for the price
The Black+Decker BEPW1700 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker pressure washers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.