The Black+Decker BEPW1700 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|13 amp, universal
|Via foam cannon
|Quick connect nozzles
|25 ft, ⌀1/4
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 10.8 x 11.1 x 19.4 in
|Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Black+Decker BEPW1700
In a nutshell, the Black+Decker BEPW1700 is a light duty pressure washer that allows:
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 1700 PSI (roughly 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2040 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the BEPW1700 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D10.8 x W11.1 x H19.4 in, the Black+Decker BEPW1700 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the BEPW1700 convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 19.4 lbs, it is very easily carried around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. Even though the BEPW1700 doesn’t have any wheels, their absence is fully compensated by this light weight.
The Black+Decker BEPW1700 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 2 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry
|Use with caution
|Siding, gutters, house
|Fencing, deck, patio
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV
|Use with caution
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: With the Black+Decker BEPW1700's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Black+Decker BEPW1700 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get nozzle cleaner, spray gun, wand, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), power cord and pressure hose.
The Black+Decker BEPW1700's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Black+Decker BEPW1700 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Black+Decker BEPW1700, a device which can produce up to 1700 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $100-130 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4003-ULT with a PSI of 2200.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX has the highest GPM of 1.8.
- With the BEPW1700's 2040 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to electric units of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the WEN PW1900 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Black+Decker BEPW1700 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The Black+Decker BEPW1700 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker pressure washers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.