The Black+Decker BEPW1850 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1850 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 11 x 11.9 x 24.1 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Black+Decker BEPW1850
The Black+Decker BEPW1850 is a light duty pressure washer, and enables:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
The Black+Decker BEPW1850's axial cam pump, powered by a 13 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1850 PSI (approximately 31 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values). The Black+Decker BEPW1850 thus has a cleaning power of 2220 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the BEPW1850 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D11 x W11.9 x H24.1 in, the Black+Decker BEPW1850 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
Standing at only 22 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 6" never-flat wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the Black+Decker BEPW1850 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand.
- Pressure hose: An easy-to-connect 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is included with the unit. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Black+Decker BEPW1850 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Black+Decker BEPW1850 also comes with nozzle cleaner, wand, power cord, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), spray gun and pressure hose.
The Black+Decker BEPW1850's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Black+Decker BEPW1850 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 1850 PSI, the Black+Decker BEPW1850 finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $120 and $150. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Stanley SHP2150 that can reach up to 2150 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000, with a GPM of 1.76.
- As the BEPW1850 has a total of 2220 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced electric units. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Westinghouse ePX3050 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Black+Decker BEPW1850 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The Black+Decker BEPW1850 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker pressure washers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.