The Black+Decker BEPW1850 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1850 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 11 x 11.9 x 24.1 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Black+Decker BEPW1850
In a nutshell, the Black+Decker BEPW1850 is a light duty pressure washer that allows:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 1850 PSI (roughly 31 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the Black+Decker BEPW1850's cleaning power of 2220 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the BEPW1850 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D11 x W11.9 x H24.1 in, the Black+Decker BEPW1850 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
Standing at only 22 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 6" never-flat wheels.
The Black+Decker BEPW1850's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose. But, there is no proper storage solution designed for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Black+Decker BEPW1850's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Black+Decker BEPW1850 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as power cord, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), spray gun, pressure hose, wand and nozzle cleaner.
The Black+Decker BEPW1850's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Black+Decker BEPW1850 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Black+Decker BEPW1850 and its 1850 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $150 and $180. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4003 with 2200 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, with a GPM of 1.8.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 2220 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the BEPW1850 are average. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the WEN PW21 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Black+Decker BEPW1850 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The Black+Decker BEPW1850 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker pressure washers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.