The Black+Decker BEPW2000 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 11 x 11.9 x 25.2 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Black+Decker BEPW2000
In a nutshell, the Black+Decker BEPW2000 is a medium duty pressure washer that allows:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
Powered by a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2000 PSI (around 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Black+Decker BEPW2000 has a cleaning power of 2400 Cleaning Units.
The BEPW2000 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D11 x W11.9 x H25.2 in, the Black+Decker BEPW2000 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 22.7 lbs. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. A set of two 6" never-flat wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Black+Decker BEPW2000's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Black+Decker BEPW2000 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Black+Decker BEPW2000 comes with foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), nozzle cleaner, spray gun, power cord, pressure hose and wand.
The Black+Decker BEPW2000's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Black+Decker BEPW2000 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 2000 PSI max pressure output, the Black+Decker BEPW2000 is in the expected pressure range, for electric units in the $170-200 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3220 with a PSI of 2300.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX4001 has the highest GPM of 1.76.
- The 2400 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the BEPW2000 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Pulsar PWE2000 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Black+Decker BEPW2000 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Onboard storage
- Decent PSI for the price
- Decent CU for the price
- Could include more nozzles
- Low GPM for the price
The Black+Decker BEPW2000 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Black+Decker pressure washers, please consult Black+Decker's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-544-6986.