The Briggs & Stratton 20330 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3700 PSI and flow of 4.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20330
The Briggs & Stratton 20330 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a powerful 391 cc (13 hp) engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of 3700 PSI (roughly 62 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Briggs & Stratton 20330's cleaning power of 15540 Cleaning Units.
The Vanguard™ engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 2.1 gallons is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Briggs & Stratton 20330 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L37 x W24 x H32 in. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 20330 convenience of transport.
The device weighs 155 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. The main contributor to its weight are its 391 cc Vanguard™ engine, the triplex pump and steel tubing frame. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels, which play a key role in its maneuvrability.
The Briggs & Stratton 20330 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 6 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 6 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20330's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the Briggs & Stratton 20330 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, pressure hose, oil, soap hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20330 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20330's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20330 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some brick-and-mortar retailers sell this unit around $1900.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20330, with a maximum pressure output of 3700 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering gas-powered units in $1550 to $2000 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite with a PSI of 4500.
- This washer reaches 4.2 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the NorthStar 157160, which can reach up to 5 GPM.
- The 15540 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the 20330 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced gas-powered units. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite and its 18000 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 15000 and 16500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20330 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||391 cc 13 HP Vanguard™ 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 37 x 24 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 6 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20330 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.