The Briggs & Stratton 20330 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3700 PSI and flow of 4.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20330
The Briggs & Stratton 20330, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using an impressive 391 cc (13 hp) engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 3700 PSI (roughly 62 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 15540 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Vanguard™ engine.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 2.1 gallons.
Design & Handling
The Briggs & Stratton 20330 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L37 x W24 x H32 in. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the 20330 convenience of transport.
The unit's weight of 155 lbs renders its carrying and transportation challenging, as it is far from lightweight. A key role in its final weight is played by its 391 cc Vanguard™ engine, the triplex pump and steel tubing frame. However, its two 12" never-flat wheels play an important part in its maneuvrability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
The Briggs & Stratton 20330's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 6 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 6 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Briggs & Stratton 20330's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Briggs & Stratton 20330 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, wand, pressure hose, soap hose and oil.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20330 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20330's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20330 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some brick-and-mortar retailers sell this unit around $1900.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20330, which can reach a PSI of 3700, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other gas-powered units that cost between $1550 and $2000. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW60606 that can reach up to 4200 PSI.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 4.2 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the NorthStar 157160, with 5 GPM.
- Reaching up to 15540 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 20330 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the DeWalt DXPW60606 and its 16800 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 15000 and 16500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20330 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||391 cc 13 HP Vanguard™ 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 37 x 24 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||High pressure hose, oil, spray gun, wand, soap hose, 6 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20330 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.