The Briggs & Stratton 20330 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3700 PSI and flow of 4.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20330
The Briggs & Stratton 20330, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a powerful 391 cc (13 hp) engine, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 3700 PSI (around 62 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Briggs & Stratton 20330 has a cleaning power of 15540 Cleaning Units.
The Vanguard™ engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 2.1 gallons of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Briggs & Stratton 20330 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L37 x W24 x H32 in. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the 20330 convenience of transport.
The device weighs 155 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. Its 391 cc Vanguard™ engine, the triplex pump and steel tubing frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, the unit’s two 12" never-flat wheels are crucial to its maneuvrability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
The Briggs & Stratton 20330's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 6 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 6 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20330 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20330 comes with wand, pressure hose, soap hose, spray gun and oil.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20330 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20330's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20330 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some brick-and-mortar retailers sell this unit around $1900.
- With 3700 PSI, the Briggs & Stratton 20330 ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $1550 and $2300. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW60606 with a PSI of 4200.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 4.2 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the NorthStar 157160, with a GPM of 5.
- With a rather impressive value of 15540 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 20330 has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the DeWalt DXPW60606 with its 16800 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 15000 and 16500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20330 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||391 cc 13 HP Vanguard™ 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 37 x 24 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||High pressure hose, oil, spray gun, wand, soap hose, 6 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20330 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.