The Briggs & Stratton 20505 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.8 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20505
In summary, the Briggs & Stratton 20505 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which provides:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a powerful 250 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3400 PSI (almost 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.8 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 9520 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Briggs & Stratton 1150 Series™ engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.75 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Briggs & Stratton 20505 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the 20505 convenience of transport.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 68 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 250 cc Briggs & Stratton 1150 Series™ engine and its steel tubing frame. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 10" never-flat wheels, the 20505 remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
The Briggs & Stratton 20505's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 30 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Briggs & Stratton 20505's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20505 comes with spray gun, oil, wand, pressure hose and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20505 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20505's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20505 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 3400 PSI, the Briggs & Stratton 20505 ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $400 and $500. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Champion 100786 that can reach up to 3500 PSI.
- Considering the above-mentioned price range, this washer's maximum water flow of 2.8 GPM (gallons per minute) is higher than the average. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, with 3 GPM.
- Boasting with 9520 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 20505 is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9500 and 10000 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20505 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||250 cc Briggs & Stratton 1150 Series™ 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 32 x 22 x 31 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20505 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.