The Briggs & Stratton 20505 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.8 GPM. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||250 cc Briggs & Stratton 1150 Series™ 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 32 x 22 x 31 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20505
In a nutshell, the Briggs & Stratton 20505 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer that allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by an impressive 250 cc engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3400 PSI (around 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.8 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Briggs & Stratton 20505 has a cleaning power of 9520 Cleaning Units.
The Briggs & Stratton 1150 Series™ engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.75 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Briggs & Stratton 20505 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the 20505 convenience of transport.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 68 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 250 cc Briggs & Stratton 1150 Series™ engine and its steel tubing frame. But, as the 20505 does have a set of two 10" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Briggs & Stratton 20505 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 30 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20505's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20505 also comes with oil, soap hose, spray gun, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20505 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20505's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20505 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
This unit is now discontinued, but used to be sold around $580.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20505, with a max water pressure of 3400 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $500-600 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3625 that can reach up to 3600 PSI.
- With a water flow of up to 2.8 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the upper end of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- Reaching up to 9520 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the 20505 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20505 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.