The Briggs & Stratton 20505 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.8 GPM. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||250 cc Briggs & Stratton 1150 Series™ 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 32 x 22 x 31 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20505
The Briggs & Stratton 20505 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a powerful 250 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 3400 PSI (roughly 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.8 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 9520 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Briggs & Stratton 1150 Series™ engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.75 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Briggs & Stratton 20505 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy steel tubing frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 20505 convenience of transport.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 68 lbs. Its 250 cc Briggs & Stratton 1150 Series™ engine and steel tubing frame account for a good chunk of that weight. Since the 20505 has a set of two 10" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Briggs & Stratton 20505's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 30 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20505's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20505 comes with pressure hose, wand, spray gun, oil and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20505 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20505's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20505 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
This unit is now discontinued, but used to be sold around $580.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20505, reaching a PSI of up to 3400, is one of the more powerful gas-powered units in $475-625 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3625 with a PSI of 3600.
- With a water flow of up to 2.8 GPM (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the upper end of the above-mentioned price range, as it can deliver a high volume of water. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, with a GPM of 3.
- With a rather impressive value of 9520 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 20505 has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20505 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.