The Briggs & Stratton 20505 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.8 GPM. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20505
In a nutshell, the Briggs & Stratton 20505 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer that allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using an impressive 250 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 3400 PSI (roughly 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.8 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 9520 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Briggs & Stratton 1150 Series™ engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.75 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Briggs & Stratton 20505 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the 20505 convenience of transport.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 68 lbs. Its 250 cc Briggs & Stratton 1150 Series™ engine and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. The 20505 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 10" never-flat wheels.
The Briggs & Stratton 20505 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 30 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20505 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20505 comes with soap hose, oil, wand, spray gun and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20505 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20505's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20505 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
This unit is now discontinued, but used to be sold around $580.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 3400 PSI, the Briggs & Stratton 20505 is one of the gas-powered products that produce an above average water pressure, in the $475 to $625 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3625 with a PSI of 3600.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.8 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, with 3 GPM.
- The 20505, with its 9520 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||250 cc Briggs & Stratton 1150 Series™ 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 32 x 22 x 31 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20505 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.