The Briggs & Stratton 20507 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4000 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20507
In a nutshell, the Briggs & Stratton 20507 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using an impressive 420 cc (13.5 hp) engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 4000 PSI (roughly 67 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 16000 Cleaning Units.
The Briggs & Stratton 2100 Series™ engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 1.75 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Briggs & Stratton 20507 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 20507 convenience of transport.
At 141 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. Its 420 cc Briggs & Stratton 2100 Series™ engine, the triplex pump and steel tubing frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels, which play a key role in its maneuvrability.
The Briggs & Stratton 20507 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20507 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20507 also comes with oil, pressure hose, wand, spray gun and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20507 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20507's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20507 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20507, which can reach up to 4000 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the gas-powered units that cost between $800 and $900. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Pressure-Pro PP4440K with 4400 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 4 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the highest values found in the above-mentioned price range.
- Reaching up to 16000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 20507 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Pressure-Pro PP4440K and its 17600 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 15700 and 16800 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20507 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||420 cc 13.5 HP Briggs & Stratton 2100 Series™ 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 37 x 23 x 26 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20507 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.