The Briggs & Stratton 20507 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4000 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20507
The Briggs & Stratton 20507, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using an impressive 420 cc (13.5 hp) engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 4000 PSI (roughly 67 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 16000 Cleaning Units.
The Briggs & Stratton 2100 Series™ engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.75 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Briggs & Stratton 20507 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 20507 convenience of transport.
This model weighs 141 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. A key role in its final weight is played by its 420 cc Briggs & Stratton 2100 Series™ engine, the triplex pump and steel tubing frame. However, the device’s two 12" never-flat wheels play a key role in its maneuvrability, as they allow it to be manipulated smoothly.
The Briggs & Stratton 20507 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Briggs & Stratton 20507's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Briggs & Stratton 20507 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, oil, soap hose, pressure hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20507 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20507's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20507 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 4000 PSI, the Briggs & Stratton 20507 is one of the gas-powered products that produce an above average water pressure, in the $800 to $900 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW4440 with a PSI of 4400.
- With a maximum GPM of 4 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best in terms of water flow, in its respective price range.
- The 20507, which reaches up to 16000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the DeWalt DXPW4440 and its 17600 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 15700 and 16800 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20507 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||420 cc 13.5 HP Briggs & Stratton 2100 Series™ 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 37 x 23 x 26 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20507 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.