The Briggs & Stratton 20507 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4000 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||420cc 13.5 HP Briggs & Stratton 2100 Series™ 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 37 x 23 x 26 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20507
The Briggs & Stratton 20507, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With an impressive 420cc (13.5 hp) engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of 4000 PSI (roughly 67 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Briggs & Stratton 20507's cleaning power of 16000 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Briggs & Stratton 2100 Series™ engine.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 1.75 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Briggs & Stratton 20507 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy steel tubing frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 20507 convenience of transport.
The device weighs 141 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. The main contributors to its weight are its 420cc Briggs & Stratton 2100 Series™ engine, the triplex pump and steel tubing frame. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels, which play a key role in its maneuverability.
The Briggs & Stratton 20507's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20507 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20507 also comes with spray gun, pressure hose, soap hose, oil and wand.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20507 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20507's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20507 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 4000 PSI max pressure output, the Briggs & Stratton 20507 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $900 to $1000 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Pressure-Pro PP4440K with a PSI of 4400.
- With a maximum GPM of 4 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best in terms of water flow, in its respective price range.
- Reaching up to 16000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the 20507 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Pressure-Pro PP4440K and its 17600 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 15700 and 16800 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20507 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20507 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.