The Briggs & Stratton 20507 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4000 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||420 cc 13.5 HP Briggs & Stratton 2100 Series™ 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 37 x 23 x 26 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20507
In a nutshell, the Briggs & Stratton 20507 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a powerful 420 cc (13.5 hp) engine, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 4000 PSI (around 67 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Briggs & Stratton 20507 has a cleaning power of 16000 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Briggs & Stratton 2100 Series™ engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.75 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Briggs & Stratton 20507 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy steel tubing frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 20507 convenience of transport.
The device weighs 141 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. The main contributors to its weight are its 420 cc Briggs & Stratton 2100 Series™ engine, the triplex pump and steel tubing frame. However, its two 12" never-flat wheels play an important part in its maneuverability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
The Briggs & Stratton 20507's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20507's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20507 also comes with pressure hose, spray gun, oil, wand and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20507 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20507's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20507 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20507, reaching a PSI of up to 4000, is one of the more powerful gas-powered units in $825-900 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Simpson ALH4240 that can reach up to 4200 PSI.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 4 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the highest values found in the above-mentioned price range.
- Reaching up to 16000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 20507 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Simpson ALH4240 and its 16800 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 15700 and 16800 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20507 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20507 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.