The Briggs & Stratton 20600 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20600
In summary, the Briggs & Stratton 20600 is a light duty pressure washer, which provides:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values as per PW101-2010), resulting in the Briggs & Stratton 20600's cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Briggs & Stratton 20600's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21 x W15 x H34.4 in, the Briggs & Stratton 20600 provides great mobility. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of only 34.4 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 6.5" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Briggs & Stratton 20600's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 0.32 gal tank. However, since the Briggs & Stratton 20600 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 26 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20600 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Briggs & Stratton 20600 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, power cord, wand, spray gun and nozzle cleaner.
The Briggs & Stratton 20600's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20600 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20600 with its 1800 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $200-250 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Sun Joe SPX4600 with 3000 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS, with a GPM of 1.7.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2340 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the 20600 rank as low. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS, which can reach up to 3910 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20600 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Soap tank||0.32 gal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||26 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 15 x 34.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6.5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20600 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.