The Briggs & Stratton 20600 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20600
In a nutshell, the Briggs & Stratton 20600 is a light duty pressure washer that allows:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (almost 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
The 20600 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21 x W15 x H34.4 in, the Briggs & Stratton 20600 provides great mobility. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 34.4 lbs. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 6.5" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Briggs & Stratton 20600 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 0.32 gal tank. The Briggs & Stratton 20600 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 26 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20600 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20600 comes with spray gun, wand, power cord, nozzle cleaner and pressure hose.
The Briggs & Stratton 20600's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20600 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20600 with its 1800 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $195-255 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4600 with 3000 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Realm BY02-BIMK has the highest GPM of 1.75.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2340 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the 20600 rank as low. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Realm BY02-BIMK with its 4550 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20600 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Soap tank||0.32 gal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||26 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 15 x 34.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6.5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20600 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.