The Briggs & Stratton 20600 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
This product was discontinued. For your convenience, we decided to leave this page up.
You might still find it second hand on eBay, by clicking on the button below.
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20600
In summary, the Briggs & Stratton 20600 is a light duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2340 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Briggs & Stratton 20600's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Briggs & Stratton 20600 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21 x W15 x H34.4 in. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Because the device weighs just 34.4 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 6.5" wheels.
The Briggs & Stratton 20600 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 0.32 gal tank. However, since the Briggs & Stratton 20600 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 26 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Briggs & Stratton 20600's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20600 comes with wand, nozzle cleaner, power cord, spray gun and pressure hose.
The Briggs & Stratton 20600's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20600 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
This unit is now discontinued, but used to be sold around $180.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20600, a device which can produce up to 1800 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the electric pressure washers in the $170-200 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with 2800 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, that can deliver up to 1.8 GPM.
- The 20600 has 2340 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Soap tank||0.32 gal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||26 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21 x 15 x 34.4 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀6.5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20600 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.