The Briggs & Stratton 20647 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3600 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20647
In summary, the Briggs & Stratton 20647 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Briggs & Stratton 20647's triplex pump, powered by a powerful 205 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3600 PSI (approximately 60 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Briggs & Stratton 20647 thus has a cleaning power of 9000 Cleaning Units.
The Vanguard™ engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.83 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Briggs & Stratton 20647 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 20647 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 99 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. The main contributor to its weight are its 205 cc Vanguard™ engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, its two 12" pneumatic wheels play an important part in its maneuvrability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
The Briggs & Stratton 20647's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 35 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Briggs & Stratton 20647's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20647 also comes with spray gun, oil, soap hose, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20647 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20647's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20647 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 3600 PSI max pressure output, the Briggs & Stratton 20647 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $600 to $700 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Simpson PS60843 with a PSI of 4400.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Simpson PS60843, with a GPM of 4.
- The 20647's Cleaning Units, 9000 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Simpson PS60843 and its 17600 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9000 and 9500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20647 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||205 cc Vanguard™ 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20647 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.