The Briggs & Stratton 20647 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3600 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20647
The Briggs & Stratton 20647 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Briggs & Stratton 20647's triplex pump, powered by a powerful 205 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3600 PSI (approximately 60 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Briggs & Stratton 20647 thus has a cleaning power of 9000 Cleaning Units.
The Vanguard™ engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.83 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Briggs & Stratton 20647 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the 20647 convenience of transport.
This model weighs 99 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. The main contributor to its weight are its 205 cc Vanguard™ engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the unit’s two 12" pneumatic wheels are crucial to its maneuvrability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
Along with the Briggs & Stratton 20647 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 35 ft high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20647 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Briggs & Stratton 20647 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get soap hose, wand, oil, spray gun and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20647 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20647's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20647 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 3600 PSI max pressure output, the Briggs & Stratton 20647 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $600 to $750 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Champion 100790, which reaches up to 4200 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Champion 100790, with a GPM of 4.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 9000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the 20647 rank as low. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Champion 100790 and its 16800 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9000 and 9500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20647 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||205 cc Vanguard™ 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20647 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.