The Briggs & Stratton 20647 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3600 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||205 cc Vanguard™ 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20647
The Briggs & Stratton 20647 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by an impressive 205 cc engine, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 3600 PSI (around 60 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Briggs & Stratton 20647 has a cleaning power of 9000 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Vanguard™ engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.83 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design, the Briggs & Stratton 20647 provides great mobility. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the 20647 convenience of transport.
The device weighs 99 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. The main contributors to its weight are its 205 cc Vanguard™ engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, its two 12" pneumatic wheels play an important part in its maneuverability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
Along with the Briggs & Stratton 20647 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 35 ft high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20647's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Briggs & Stratton 20647 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get oil, spray gun, soap hose, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20647 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20647's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20647 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20647 with its 3600 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other gas-powered pressure washers in the $875-1025 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Predator 4400 with 4400 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Predator 4400, with a GPM of 4.2.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 9000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the 20647 rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Predator 4400 and its 18480 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9000 and 9500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20647 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20647 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.