The Briggs & Stratton 20654 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Cold (100°F max.)
|13 amp, universal
|Via siphon hose
|15°, Soap, Turbo
|Quick connect nozzles
|26 ft, ⌀1/4
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 20 x 14.3 x 30 in
|2 wheels, ⌀5"
|Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20654
The Briggs & Stratton 20654 is a light duty pressure washer, and enables:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
The Briggs & Stratton 20654's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1700 PSI (approximately 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). The Briggs & Stratton 20654 thus has a cleaning power of 2210 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Briggs & Stratton 20654's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D20 x W14.3 x H30 in, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the 20654 convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 30 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. Its plastic frame certainly plays a key role in this light weight. A set of two 5" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Briggs & Stratton 20654's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. It must be noted that the Briggs & Stratton 20654 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 26 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry
|Use with caution
|Siding, gutters, house
|Use with caution
|Fencing, deck, patio
|Use with caution
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV
|Use with caution
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: With the Briggs & Stratton 20654's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 also comes with power cord, wand, pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, spray gun and soap hose.
The Briggs & Stratton 20654's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20654 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $150.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20654, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1700, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $150 to $170 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Westinghouse ePX3500 with 2500 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Westinghouse ePX3500 has the highest GPM of 1.76.
- The 2210 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the 20654 sit at an average, in reference to other electric units of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the AR Blue Clean AR2N1 and its 2870 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20654 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.