The Briggs & Stratton 20654 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20654
In summary, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 is a light duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of up to 1700 PSI (roughly 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2210 Cleaning Units.
The 20654 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D20 x W14.3 x H30 in, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the 20654 convenience of transport.
Standing at only 30 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 5" wheels.
Along with the Briggs & Stratton 20654 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. As the Briggs & Stratton 20654 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 26 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20654 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 also comes with pressure hose, spray gun, soap hose, nozzle cleaner, wand and power cord.
The Briggs & Stratton 20654's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20654 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20654 and its 1700 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $100 and $150. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Realm BIOP, which reaches up to 2400 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX3001, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- With 2210 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 20654 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Realm BY02-BCMH and its 4025 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||26 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 20 x 14.3 x 30 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20654 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.