The Briggs & Stratton 20654 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20654
In a nutshell, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 is a light duty pressure washer that allows:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial pump, which utilizes a 13 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1700 PSI (almost 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2210 Cleaning Units.
The 20654 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D20 x W14.3 x H30 in, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the 20654 convenience of transport.
Because the device weighs just 30 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 5" wheels.
Along with the Briggs & Stratton 20654 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. However, since the Briggs & Stratton 20654 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 26 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20654's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 also comes with spray gun, nozzle cleaner, wand, power cord, pressure hose and soap hose.
The Briggs & Stratton 20654's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20654 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 1700 PSI, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $100 and $150. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Realm BIOP with 2400 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3200, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- The 20654 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2210 CU (PSI x GPM). In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BY02-BCMT and its 3675 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||26 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 20 x 14.3 x 30 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20654 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.