The Briggs & Stratton 20654 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20654
In summary, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 is a light duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial pump delivers a pressure of 1700 PSI (roughly 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values as per PW101-2010), resulting in the Briggs & Stratton 20654's cleaning power of 2210 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 20654 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D20 x W14.3 x H30 in, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the 20654 convenience of transport.
Standing at only 30 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 5" wheels.
Along with the Briggs & Stratton 20654 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The Briggs & Stratton 20654 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 26 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Briggs & Stratton 20654's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 comes with power cord, pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun and soap hose.
The Briggs & Stratton 20654's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20654 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20654, which can achieve a PSI of up to 1700, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $195 to $255 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4500 with 2500 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4001, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2210 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the 20654 rank as low. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS and its 3910 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||26 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 20 x 14.3 x 30 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20654 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.