The Briggs & Stratton 20654 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20654
In a nutshell, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 is a light duty pressure washer that allows:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Briggs & Stratton 20654's axial pump, powered by a 13 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1700 PSI (approximately 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.3 GPM (values as per PW101-2010). The Briggs & Stratton 20654 thus has a cleaning power of 2210 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 20654 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of D20 x W14.3 x H30 in, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the 20654 convenience of transport.
Since the unit weighs only 30 lbs, it is very easily carried around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 5" wheels.
The Briggs & Stratton 20654 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. However, since the Briggs & Stratton 20654 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 26 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: With the Briggs & Stratton 20654's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Briggs & Stratton 20654 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get soap hose, wand, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, spray gun and power cord.
The Briggs & Stratton 20654's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20654 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20654 with its 1700 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $150-170 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Realm BY03-VBP-WTR with a PSI of 2400.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX2866-MAX, with a GPM of 1.8.
- The 20654's Cleaning Units, 2210 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BY03-VBP-WTR and its 4200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20654 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||26 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 20 x 14.3 x 30 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀5"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20654 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.