The Briggs & Stratton 20655 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3300 PSI and flow of 2.7 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20655
In a nutshell, the Briggs & Stratton 20655 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer that allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a powerful 208 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 3300 PSI (roughly 55 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.7 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Briggs & Stratton 20655's cleaning power of 8910 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Briggs & Stratton CR950 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.75 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Briggs & Stratton 20655 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy steel tubing frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 20655 convenience of transport.
Weighing 68 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its 208 cc Briggs & Stratton CR950 engine and steel tubing frame account for a good chunk of that weight. However, the two 10" never-flat wheels allow the 20655 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Briggs & Stratton 20655 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 30 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A dedicated slot allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20655 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20655 comes with spray gun, oil, pressure hose, wand and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20655 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20655's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20655 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20655, with a max water pressure of 3300 PSI, has one of the higher PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $400-500 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Briggs & Stratton 20505, which reaches up to 3400 PSI.
- With a maximum GPM of 2.7 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the top in terms of water flow, in its respective price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, that can deliver up to 3 GPM.
- Boasting with 8910 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 20655 is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20655 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||208 cc Briggs & Stratton CR950 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 32 x 22 x 31 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20655 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.