The Briggs & Stratton 20655 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3300 PSI and flow of 2.7 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20655
In a nutshell, the Briggs & Stratton 20655 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer that allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Briggs & Stratton 20655's axial cam pump, powered by an impressive 208 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3300 PSI (approximately 55 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.7 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Briggs & Stratton 20655 thus has a cleaning power of 8910 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Briggs & Stratton CR950 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.75 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Briggs & Stratton 20655 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 20655 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 68 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 208 cc Briggs & Stratton CR950 engine and its steel tubing frame. Since the 20655 has a set of two 10" never-flat wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Briggs & Stratton 20655 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 30 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a dedicated slot.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20655's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20655 comes with pressure hose, oil, soap hose, spray gun and wand.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20655 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20655's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20655 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20655, which can reach up to 3300 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the gas-powered units that cost between $400 and $500. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the DeWalt DXPW3625 with 3600 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.7 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, that can deliver up to 3 GPM.
- Reaching up to 8910 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 20655 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20655 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||208 cc Briggs & Stratton CR950 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 32 x 22 x 31 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20655 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.