The Briggs & Stratton 20655 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3300 PSI and flow of 2.7 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20655
In a nutshell, the Briggs & Stratton 20655 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer that allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With an impressive 208 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 3300 PSI (roughly 55 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.7 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Briggs & Stratton 20655's cleaning power of 8910 Cleaning Units.
The Briggs & Stratton CR950 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.75 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Briggs & Stratton 20655 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the 20655 convenience of transport.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 68 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 208 cc Briggs & Stratton CR950 engine and its steel tubing frame. The 20655 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 10" never-flat wheels.
The Briggs & Stratton 20655 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 30 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a dedicated slot.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20655's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20655 comes with pressure hose, spray gun, soap hose, oil and wand.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20655 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20655's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20655 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20655, which can reach up to 3300 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the gas-powered units that cost between $400 and $500. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Champion 100786, which reaches up to 3500 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 2.7 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the better performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- The 20655, which reaches up to 8910 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ3370E with its 9900 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20655 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||208 cc Briggs & Stratton CR950 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 32 x 22 x 31 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20655 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.