The Briggs & Stratton 20680 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20680
In a nutshell, the Briggs & Stratton 20680 is a light duty pressure washer that allows:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump can deliver a pressure of 1800 PSI (around 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Briggs & Stratton 20680 has a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 20680 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Briggs & Stratton 20680 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D15.5 x W18.8 x H35 in. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 20680 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 31.5 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 7" wheels.
The Briggs & Stratton 20680 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.5 gal tank. The Briggs & Stratton 20680 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Briggs & Stratton 20680's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Briggs & Stratton 20680 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, power cord, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose and spray gun.
The Briggs & Stratton 20680's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20680 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20680 with its 1800 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $150-210 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX that can reach up to 2800 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the WEN PW21, which can reach up to 1.76 GPM.
- With 2160 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 20680 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Realm BY02-BIMK with its 4550 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20680 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 15.5 x 18.8 x 35 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20680 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.