The Briggs & Stratton 20680 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 15.5 x 18.8 x 35 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20680
The Briggs & Stratton 20680 is a light duty pressure washer, and enables:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of 1800 PSI (roughly 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards), resulting in the Briggs & Stratton 20680's cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 20680 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D15.5 x W18.8 x H35 in, the Briggs & Stratton 20680 offers great mobility. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 20680 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Since the unit weighs only 31.5 lbs, it is very easily carried around. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 7" wheels.
The Briggs & Stratton 20680 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.5 gal tank. However, since the Briggs & Stratton 20680 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Briggs & Stratton 20680's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20680 also comes with pressure hose, spray gun, nozzle cleaner, power cord and wand.
The Briggs & Stratton 20680's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20680 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20680, which can reach a PSI of 1800, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other electric units that cost between $120 and $150. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX with 2100 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Westinghouse ePX3050, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- The 2160 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the 20680 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Westinghouse ePX3050 and its 3572.8 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20680 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20680 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.