The Briggs & Stratton 20680 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20680
The Briggs & Stratton 20680 is a light duty pressure washer, and enables:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump can deliver a pressure of 1800 PSI (around 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards). Combined, these values mean that the Briggs & Stratton 20680 has a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Briggs & Stratton 20680's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D15.5 x W18.8 x H35 in, the Briggs & Stratton 20680 offers great mobility. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 20680 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Since the unit weighs only 31.5 lbs, it is very easily carried around. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 7" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the Briggs & Stratton 20680 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.5 gal tank. The Briggs & Stratton 20680 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20680 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20680 also comes with nozzle cleaner, spray gun, pressure hose, power cord and wand.
The Briggs & Stratton 20680's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20680 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20680 and its 1800 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $170 and $200. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX, which reaches up to 2800 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, which can reach up to 1.8 GPM.
- The 20680 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2160 CU (PSI x GPM). If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Realm BY02-BIMK with its 4550 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20680 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 15.5 x 18.8 x 35 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20680 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.