The Briggs & Stratton 20680 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Cold (100°F max.)
|13 amp, universal
|Axial (wobble plate)
|Other model numbers
|0.5 gal, removable
|15°, Soap, Turbo
|Quick connect nozzles
|25 ft, ⌀1/4
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 15.5 x 18.8 x 35 in
|2 wheels, ⌀7"
|Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20680
In a nutshell, the Briggs & Stratton 20680 is a light duty pressure washer that allows:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Powered by a 13 amp universal motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump can deliver a pressure of 1800 PSI (around 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards). Combined, these values mean that the Briggs & Stratton 20680 has a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
The 20680 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D15.5 x W18.8 x H35 in, the Briggs & Stratton 20680 provides great mobility. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 20680 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 31.5 lbs. A set of two 7" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Briggs & Stratton 20680's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.5 gal tank. The Briggs & Stratton 20680 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry
|Use with caution
|Siding, gutters, house
|Use with caution
|Fencing, deck, patio
|Use with caution
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV
|Use with caution
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20680's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20680 also comes with spray gun, wand, power cord, nozzle cleaner and pressure hose.
The Briggs & Stratton 20680's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20680 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20680 with its 1800 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $170-200 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Sun Joe SPX3501, which reaches up to 2300 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX2300e, with 1.76 GPM.
- As the 20680 has a total of 2160 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced electric units. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Kärcher K4 and its 2850 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20680 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20680 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.