The Briggs & Stratton 20680 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20680
In summary, the Briggs & Stratton 20680 is a light duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial (wobble plate) pump, which utilizes a 13 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (almost 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 20680 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Briggs & Stratton 20680 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D15.5 x W18.8 x H35 in. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 20680 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 31.5 lbs. On top of its light weight, the transportability and easy of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 7" wheels.
The Briggs & Stratton 20680 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 0.5 gal tank. It must be noted that the Briggs & Stratton 20680 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20680 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20680 comes with power cord, pressure hose, spray gun, wand and nozzle cleaner.
The Briggs & Stratton 20680's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20680 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20680, with a maximum pressure output of 1800 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $100 to $150 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Realm BIOP, which reaches up to 2400 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flows value compared to devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX3200, that can deliver up to 1.76 GPM.
- The 20680 has 2160 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which is considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BY02-BCMT and its 3675 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20680 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.5 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 15.5 x 18.8 x 35 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7"|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20680 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.