The Briggs & Stratton 20681 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20681
In summary, the Briggs & Stratton 20681 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Briggs & Stratton 20681's axial (wobble plate) pump, powered by a 13 amp induction motor, can provide a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (approximately 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards). The Briggs & Stratton 20681 thus has a cleaning power of 2400 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 20681 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Briggs & Stratton 20681 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D13 x W17 x H38 in. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 45.5 lbs. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 7" wheels.
The Briggs & Stratton 20681 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.3 gal tank. As the Briggs & Stratton 20681 doesn’t include a soap dilution mechanism, the user must provide a correctly diluted detergent before proceeding to use it. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Briggs & Stratton 20681's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20681 also comes with wand, spray gun, power cord and pressure hose.
The Briggs & Stratton 20681's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20681 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20681 and its 2000 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $195 and $255. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Realm BY02-BIMK with 2600 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4001, with 1.76 GPM.
- With 2400 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 20681 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Realm BY02-BIMK with its 4550 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20681 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.3 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13 x 17 x 38 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20681 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.