The Briggs & Stratton 20681 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.3 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13 x 17 x 38 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20681
The Briggs & Stratton 20681, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Its axial (wobble plate) pump, which utilizes a 13 amp induction motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (almost 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2400 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 20681 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D13 x W17 x H38 in, the Briggs & Stratton 20681 offers great mobility. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 45.5 lbs. A set of two 7" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Briggs & Stratton 20681's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.3 gal tank. The Briggs & Stratton 20681 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20681's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20681 also comes with pressure hose, spray gun, wand and power cord.
The Briggs & Stratton 20681's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20681 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20681 with its 2000 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $195-255 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with 2800 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Greenworks GPW2700, with a GPM of 2.3.
- As the 20681 has a total of 2400 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced electric units. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Greenworks GPW2700 and its 3240 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20681 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20681 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.