The Briggs & Stratton 20681 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.3 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13 x 17 x 38 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20681
In summary, the Briggs & Stratton 20681 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Its axial (wobble plate) pump, which utilizes a 13 amp induction motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (almost 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2400 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Briggs & Stratton 20681's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Briggs & Stratton 20681 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D13 x W17 x H38 in. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Because the device weighs just 45.5 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 7" wheels.
The Briggs & Stratton 20681's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.3 gal tank. However, since the Briggs & Stratton 20681 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20681 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Briggs & Stratton 20681 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, spray gun, power cord and pressure hose.
The Briggs & Stratton 20681's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20681 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20681 with its 2000 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $195-255 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4600 with a PSI of 3000.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX3550 has the highest GPM of 1.8.
- With the 20681's 2400 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to electric units of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Pulsar PWE2019 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20681 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20681 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.