The Briggs & Stratton 20681 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20681
The Briggs & Stratton 20681, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial (wobble plate) pump, which utilizes a 13 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (almost 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2400 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 20681 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D13 x W17 x H38 in, the Briggs & Stratton 20681 provides great mobility. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
Because the device weighs just 45.5 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. A set of two 7" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Briggs & Stratton 20681 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable 0.3 gal tank. However, since the Briggs & Stratton 20681 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Briggs & Stratton 20681's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20681 also comes with wand, pressure hose, spray gun and power cord.
The Briggs & Stratton 20681's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20681 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 2000 PSI max pressure output, the Briggs & Stratton 20681 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $195 to $255 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Realm BY02-BIMK with a PSI of 2600.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Realm BY02-BIMK, with 1.75 GPM.
- The 20681 has 2400 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20681 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.3 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13 x 17 x 38 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20681 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.