The Briggs & Stratton 20681 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20681
In summary, the Briggs & Stratton 20681 is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp motor, its axial (wobble plate) pump delivers a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (roughly 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2400 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 20681 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Briggs & Stratton 20681 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D13 x W17 x H38 in. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The folding handle enhances its mobility, while allowing for a convenient storage.
With a weight of only 45.5 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 7" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Briggs & Stratton 20681's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable 0.3 gal tank. However, since the Briggs & Stratton 20681 does not feature a soap dilution mechanism, you'll have to make sure your detergent is correctly diluted before use. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20681's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Briggs & Stratton 20681 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, wand, power cord and pressure hose.
The Briggs & Stratton 20681's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20681 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20681, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2000, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $150 to $200 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with 2800 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the WEN PW21, with 1.76 GPM.
- The 20681's Cleaning Units, 2400 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Realm BY02-BIMK, which can reach up to 4550 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20681 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Pump||Axial (wobble plate)|
|Soap tank||0.3 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 13 x 17 x 38 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀7"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20681 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.