The Briggs & Stratton 20700 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2200 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20700
The Briggs & Stratton 20700 is a medium duty pressure washer, and enables:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
Using a 13 amp induction motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 2200 PSI (roughly 37 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2640 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 20700 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Briggs & Stratton 20700 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D27 x W14 x H32 in. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 20700 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 41 lbs. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 9" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the Briggs & Stratton 20700 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. The Briggs & Stratton 20700 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Briggs & Stratton 20700's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20700 also comes with power cord, spray gun, pressure hose, wand and foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water).
The Briggs & Stratton 20700's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20700 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 2200 PSI, the Briggs & Stratton 20700 is one of the electric products that produce an above average water pressure, in the $195 to $255 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Sun Joe SPX4500, which reaches up to 2500 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX4001 has the highest GPM of 1.76.
- The 20700 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2640 CU (PSI x GPM). When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS and its 3910 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20700 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 27 x 14 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀9"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20700 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.