The Briggs & Stratton 20700 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2200 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20700
The Briggs & Stratton 20700 is a medium duty pressure washer, and enables:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
With a 13 amp motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 2200 PSI (roughly 37 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Briggs & Stratton 20700's cleaning power of 2640 Cleaning Units.
The 20700 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D27 x W14 x H32 in, the Briggs & Stratton 20700 provides great mobility. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 20700 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Standing at only 41 lbs, this model can be carried around very easily. A set of two 9" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Briggs & Stratton 20700 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. It must be noted that the Briggs & Stratton 20700 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 3 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: With the Briggs & Stratton 20700's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20700 also comes with foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), pressure hose, power cord, spray gun and wand.
The Briggs & Stratton 20700's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20700 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20700, which can reach up to 2200 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the electric units that cost between $200 and $250. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Ryobi RY142300, which reaches up to 2300 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Powerhorse 157055, with 1.5 GPM.
- Reaching up to 2640 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 20700 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Kärcher K5 Premium and its 2800 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20700 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 27 x 14 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀9"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20700 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.