The Briggs & Stratton 20700 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2200 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 27 x 14 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀9"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20700
In summary, the Briggs & Stratton 20700 is a medium duty pressure washer, which provides:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Powered by a 13 amp induction motor, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2200 PSI (around 37 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards). Combined, these values mean that the Briggs & Stratton 20700 has a cleaning power of 2640 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 20700 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Briggs & Stratton 20700 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D27 x W14 x H32 in. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 20700 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 41 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 9" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Briggs & Stratton 20700 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. It must be noted that the Briggs & Stratton 20700 doesn’t come with a soap dilution mechanism. Therefore, you must always make sure that your detergent is correctly diluted.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 3 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20700's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Briggs & Stratton 20700 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get power cord, wand, spray gun, pressure hose and foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water).
The Briggs & Stratton 20700's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20700 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20700, which can reach a PSI of 2200, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other electric units that cost between $170 and $220. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Sun Joe SPX4600 with 3000 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, that can deliver up to 1.8 GPM.
- The 20700's Cleaning Units, 2640 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20700 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20700 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.