The Briggs & Stratton 20700 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2200 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Other model numbers||S2200|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 27 x 14 x 32 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀9"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20700
In summary, the Briggs & Stratton 20700 is a medium duty pressure washer, which provides:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Powered by a 13 amp induction motor, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2200 PSI (around 37 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (values as per PWMA testing standards). Combined, these values mean that the Briggs & Stratton 20700 has a cleaning power of 2640 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the 20700 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Briggs & Stratton 20700 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D27 x W14 x H32 in. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the 20700 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 41 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. A set of two 9" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
Along with the Briggs & Stratton 20700 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand. The Briggs & Stratton 20700 is not equipped with a soap dilution mechanism, and thus, it is up to the user to ensure the detergent’s correct dilution ratio when using it.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Briggs & Stratton 20700's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20700 comes with spray gun, wand, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), pressure hose and power cord.
The Briggs & Stratton 20700's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20700 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Briggs & Stratton 20700 and its 2200 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $255 and $300. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Westinghouse WPX3200e, which reaches up to 3200 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the Greenworks GPW2200, that can deliver up to 2.3 GPM.
- The 2640 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the 20700 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Pulsar PWE2000 and its 3200 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20700 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20700 is covered under a warranty for up to 1 year. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.