The Briggs & Stratton 20725 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3300 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||208cc Briggs & Stratton CR950 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/4|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 33 x 21.5 x 30.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20725
The Briggs & Stratton 20725, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a powerful 208cc engine, its triplex pump can deliver a pressure of 3300 PSI (around 55 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Briggs & Stratton 20725 has a cleaning power of 8250 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Briggs & Stratton CR950 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a metal fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.75 gallon.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L33 x W21.5 x H30.5 in, the Briggs & Stratton 20725 offers great mobility. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the 20725 convenience of transport.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 77 lbs. Its 208cc Briggs & Stratton CR950 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. The 20725 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 10" pneumatic wheels.
The Briggs & Stratton 20725's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 30 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Briggs & Stratton 20725's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Briggs & Stratton 20725 comes with oil, pressure hose, wand, spray gun and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20725 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20725's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20725 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With 3300 PSI, the Briggs & Stratton 20725 ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the gas-powered products that cost between $500 and $600. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Westinghouse WPX3600 with 3600 PSI.
- This washer reaches 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Lifan LFQ3370E has the highest GPM of 3.
- The 8250 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the 20725 sit at an average, in reference to other gas-powered units of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20725 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20725 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.