The Briggs & Stratton 20725 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3300 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||208 cc Briggs & Stratton CR950 4-stroke OHV|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||30 ft, ⌀1/4|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 33 x 21.5 x 30.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Briggs & Stratton 20725
In a nutshell, the Briggs & Stratton 20725 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With an impressive 208 cc engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of 3300 PSI (roughly 55 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Briggs & Stratton 20725's cleaning power of 8250 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Briggs & Stratton CR950 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a metal fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.75 gallon.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of L33 x W21.5 x H30.5 in, the Briggs & Stratton 20725 offers great mobility. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the 20725 convenience of transport.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 77 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 208 cc Briggs & Stratton CR950 engine, the triplex pump and its welded steel frame. Since the 20725 has a set of two 10" pneumatic wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Briggs & Stratton 20725's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 30 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Briggs & Stratton 20725 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Briggs & Stratton 20725 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get oil, pressure hose, soap hose, wand and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Briggs & Stratton 20725 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Briggs & Stratton 20725's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Briggs & Stratton 20725 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 3300 PSI max pressure output, the Briggs & Stratton 20725 is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $600-700 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the A-iPower PWF4200SH with 4200 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the A-iPower PWF4200SH has the highest GPM of 4.
- The 20725 has 8250 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the A-iPower PWF4200SH, which can reach up to 16800 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Briggs & Stratton 20725 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Briggs & Stratton
Founded in 1908 with an informal agreement between inventor Stephen F. Briggs and investor Harold F. Stratton, this company has become one of the most recognized names in the small engine manufacturing world. Headquartered in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA, the company has manufacturing facilities in five continents. Beginning in the early 2000's, Briggs & Stratton began to acquire other companies such as Generac Portable Power Systems and Simplicity, thereby expanding into the ownership of manufacturing not just engines, but portable outdoor power equipment such as generators, pressure washers, and other home products.
The Briggs & Stratton 20725 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Briggs & Stratton pressure washers, please consult Briggs & Stratton's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-743-4115.