The Champion 100579 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Champion 100579
In summary, the Champion 100579 is a heavy duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 160 cc engine, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3000 PSI (around 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Champion 100579 has a cleaning power of 6900 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GCV160 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.9 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D26.1 x W17.4 x H31.8 in, the Champion 100579 offers great mobility. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the 100579 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 51.4 lbs. Its 160 cc Honda GCV160 engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 12" solid wheels, the 100579 remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
The Champion 100579's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Champion 100579 will dilute the detergent with a 12:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀9/32" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Champion 100579's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the Champion 100579 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as soap hose, oil, wand, pressure hose, spray gun and funnel.
- Emissions: The Champion 100579 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Champion 100579's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Champion 100579 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some brick-and-mortar retailers sell this unit around $700.
- The Champion 100579 with its 3000 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other gas-powered pressure washers in the $675-825 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite with 4500 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 2.3 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Simpson PS60843, with a GPM of 4.
- The 100579 has 6900 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite with its 18000 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Champion 100579 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||160 cc Honda GCV160 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀9/32|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 26.1 x 17.4 x 31.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", solid|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Champion Power Equipment is a US-based power equipment manufacturer founded in 2003. Even though Champion is best known for their portable generators, the company has an extensive portfolio of products, including logging and lawn equipment, and pumps and pressure washers. Their products are listed as engineered in the US, in Sussex, WI. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components. Champion has two major distribution centers in Northern America. Their US distribution center is located in Jackson, TN and Canadian in Burlington, Ontario.
The Champion 100579 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Champion pressure washers, please contact the Champion Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.