The Champion 100580 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||201 cc Honda GCV200 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀9/32|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 26.1 x 17.4 x 31.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Champion 100580
The Champion 100580 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using the brand new Honda GCV200 (opens in a new tab) engine, which is specially built for pressure washers, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (roughly 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s 201 cc engine.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.24 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Champion 100580 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D26.1 x W17.4 x H31.8 in. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the 100580 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 51.6 lbs. Its 201 cc Honda GCV200 engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the 100580 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Champion 100580 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Champion 100580 will dilute the detergent with a 12:1 ratio. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀9/32" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 4 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Champion 100580's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Included with the Champion 100580 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, funnel, soap hose, pressure hose, oil and wand.
- Emissions: The Champion 100580 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Champion 100580's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Champion 100580 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $800.
- The Champion 100580, which can achieve a PSI of up to 3200, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $800 to $900 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Simpson PS60843 with 4400 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 2.5 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Simpson PS60843, which can reach up to 4 GPM.
- With 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the 100580 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Simpson PS60843, which can reach up to 17600 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Champion 100580 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
About Champion Power Equipment
Champion Power Equipment is a US-based power equipment manufacturer founded in 2003. Even though Champion is best known for their portable generators, the company has an extensive portfolio of products, including logging and lawn equipment, and pumps and pressure washers. Their products are listed as engineered in the US, in Sussex, WI. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components. Champion has two major distribution centers in Northern America. Their US distribution center is located in Jackson, TN and Canadian in Burlington, Ontario.
The Champion 100580 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Champion pressure washers, please contact the Champion Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.