The Champion 100580 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||201cc Honda GCV200 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀9/32|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 26.1 x 17.4 x 31.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Champion 100580
The Champion 100580 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The following sections will present you in detail its power characteristics and design, its main features and all the additional features it has to offer.
With the brand new Honda GCV200 (opens in a new tab) engine, which is specially built for pressure washers, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 3200 PSI (roughly 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Champion 100580's cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
The 201 cc engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.24 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D26.1 x W17.4 x H31.8 in, the Champion 100580 provides great mobility. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the 100580 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 51.6 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 201 cc Honda GCV200 engine and its steel frame. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the 100580 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Champion 100580 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The Champion 100580 features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 12:1 ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀9/32" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Champion 100580 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Champion 100580 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, funnel, soap hose, pressure hose, wand and oil.
- Emissions: The Champion 100580 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Champion 100580's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Champion 100580 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $800.
- The Champion 100580 and its 3200 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $800 and $900. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Simpson PS60843, which reaches up to 4400 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 2.5 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Simpson PS60843, which can reach up to 4 GPM.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the 100580 rank as low. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Simpson PS60843 and its 17600 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Champion 100580 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
The bottom line
- Honda GCV200 engine
- Good range of nozzles included
- Automatic detergent dilution
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- On the expensive side
- No soap tank
- Low PSI for the price
- Low GPM for the price
- Low CU for the price
About Champion Power Equipment
Champion Power Equipment is a US-based power equipment manufacturer founded in 2003. Even though Champion is best known for their portable generators, the company has an extensive portfolio of products, including logging and lawn equipment, and pumps and pressure washers. Their products are listed as engineered in the US, in Sussex, WI. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components. Champion has two major distribution centers in Northern America. Their US distribution center is located in Jackson, TN and Canadian in Burlington, Ontario.
The Champion 100580 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Champion pressure washers, please contact the Champion Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.