The Champion 100580 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||201 cc Honda GCV200 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀9/32|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 26.1 x 17.4 x 31.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Champion 100580
In a nutshell, the Champion 100580 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by the brand new Honda GCV200 (opens in a new tab) engine, which is specially built for pressure washers, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 3200 PSI (around 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Combined, these values mean that the Champion 100580 has a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
The 201 cc engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.24 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The Champion 100580 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D26.1 x W17.4 x H31.8 in. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the 100580 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of 51.6 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its 201 cc Honda GCV200 engine and steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the 100580 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The Champion 100580's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent is diluted with a 12:1 ratio by the Champion 100580's automatic soap dilution mechanism. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀9/32" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Champion 100580 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Included with the Champion 100580 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, oil, pressure hose, funnel, soap hose and wand.
- Emissions: The Champion 100580 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Champion 100580's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Champion 100580 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $800.
- The Champion 100580, which can achieve a PSI of up to 3200, falls behind the other gas-powered pressure washers in the $825 to $900 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Simpson ALH4240 with 4200 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Simpson ALH4240 has the highest GPM of 4.
- The 100580 has 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other gas-powered devices of this price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Simpson ALH4240 and its 16800 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Champion 100580 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
About Champion Power Equipment
Champion Power Equipment is a US-based power equipment manufacturer founded in 2003. Even though Champion is best known for their portable generators, the company has an extensive portfolio of products, including logging and lawn equipment, and pumps and pressure washers. Their products are listed as engineered in the US, in Sussex, WI. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components. Champion has two major distribution centers in Northern America. Their US distribution center is located in Jackson, TN and Canadian in Burlington, Ontario.
The Champion 100580 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Champion pressure washers, please contact the Champion Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.