The Champion 100580 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Champion 100580
In summary, the Champion 100580 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Champion 100580's axial cam pump, powered by the brand new, specially built for pressure washers, Honda GCV200 (opens in a new tab) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (approximately 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Champion 100580 thus has a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s 201 cc engine.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.24 gallon.
Design & Handling
The Champion 100580 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D26.1 x W17.4 x H31.8 in. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the 100580 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Weighing 51.6 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 201 cc Honda GCV200 engine and its steel frame. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 12" never-flat wheels, the 100580 remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
The Champion 100580's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Champion 100580 will dilute the detergent with a 12:1 ratio. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀9/32" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Champion 100580's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Champion 100580 comes with soap hose, funnel, pressure hose, spray gun, wand and oil.
- Emissions: The Champion 100580 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The Champion 100580's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Champion 100580 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some brick-and-mortar retailers sell this unit around $800.
- The Champion 100580 and its 3200 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $800 and $900. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Pressure-Pro PP4440K that can reach up to 4400 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 2.5 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Pressure-Pro PP4440K, with a GPM of 4.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the 100580 rank as low. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Pressure-Pro PP4440K and its 17600 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Champion 100580 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||201 cc Honda GCV200 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀9/32|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 26.1 x 17.4 x 31.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Champion Power Equipment is a US-based power equipment manufacturer founded in 2003. Even though Champion is best known for their portable generators, the company has an extensive portfolio of products, including logging and lawn equipment, and pumps and pressure washers. Their products are listed as engineered in the US, in Sussex, WI. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components. Champion has two major distribution centers in Northern America. Their US distribution center is located in Jackson, TN and Canadian in Burlington, Ontario.
The Champion 100580 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Champion pressure washers, please contact the Champion Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.