The Champion 100778 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 2.1 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Champion 100778
The Champion 100778, a medium to heavy duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 196 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 2800 PSI (roughly 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.1 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 5880 Cleaning Units.
The Champion engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.9 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Champion 100778 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
The majority of users will be able to maneuver this unit easily, it only weighs 67.2 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 196 cc Champion engine and its steel frame. However, the two 12" solid wheels allow the 100778 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
Along with the Champion 100778 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. The Champion 100778 features an automatic soap dilution mechanism, that will dilute your detergent with a 12:1 ratio. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀5/8" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Champion 100778 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a low oil protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Champion 100778 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get oil, wand, spray gun, pressure hose, funnel and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Champion 100778 is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Champion 100778's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Champion 100778 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Champion 100778 and its 2800 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $400 and $500. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the DeWalt DXPW3425 with 3400 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.1 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- With 5880 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the 100778 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 9900 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 5200 and 6300 Cleaning Units, the Champion 100778 is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc Champion OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 41.5 x 19.5 x 27.1 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", solid|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Champion Power Equipment is a US-based power equipment manufacturer founded in 2003. Even though Champion is best known for their portable generators, the company has an extensive portfolio of products, including logging and lawn equipment, and pumps and pressure washers. Their products are listed as engineered in the US, in Sussex, WI. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components. Champion has two major distribution centers in Northern America. Their US distribution center is located in Jackson, TN and Canadian in Burlington, Ontario.
The Champion 100778 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Champion pressure washers, please contact the Champion Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.