The Champion 100778 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 2.1 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Champion 100778
The Champion 100778 is a medium to heavy duty pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 196 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 2800 PSI (roughly 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.1 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Champion 100778's cleaning power of 5880 Cleaning Units.
The Champion engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.9 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Champion 100778 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
Weighing 67.2 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. A major component of its weight are its 196 cc Champion engine and steel frame. But, as the 100778 does have a set of two 12" solid wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Champion 100778's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 1 gal tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Champion 100778 will dilute the detergent with a 12:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀5/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Champion 100778's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Champion 100778 also comes with wand, oil, pressure hose, funnel, soap hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Champion 100778 is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Champion 100778's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Champion 100778 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Champion 100778 with its 2800 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other gas-powered pressure washers in the $300-400 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Stanley SXPW3425, which reaches up to 3400 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 2.1 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Lifan LFQ3370 has the highest GPM of 3.
- The 100778's Cleaning Units, 5880 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 5500 and 6000 Cleaning Units, the Champion 100778 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc Champion OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 41.5 x 19.5 x 27.1 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", solid|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Champion 100778 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Champion pressure washers, please contact the Champion Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.