The Champion 100780 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Champion 100780
In a nutshell, the Champion 100780 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a powerful 224 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (almost 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 6820 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Champion engine.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.9 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Champion 100780 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 67.2 lbs. Its 224 cc Champion engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. But, as the 100780 does have a set of two 12" solid wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Champion 100780 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Champion 100780 will dilute the detergent with a 12:1 ratio. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀5/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Champion 100780 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The Champion 100780 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get oil, spray gun, wand, pressure hose, funnel and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Champion 100780 is NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Champion 100780's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Champion 100780 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Champion 100780, which can reach up to 3100 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the gas-powered units that cost between $255 and $300. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Simpson MS60920-S with 3200 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 2.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Powermate 7131 has the highest GPM of 2.5.
- The 6820 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the 100780 sit at an average, in reference to other gas-powered units of similar price. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Simpson MS60920-S and its 8000 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Champion 100780 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||224 cc Champion OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 41.5 x 19.5 x 27.1 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", solid|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Champion 100780 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Champion pressure washers, please contact the Champion Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.