The Champion 100780 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Champion 100780
The Champion 100780, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes an impressive 224 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (almost 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 6820 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Champion engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.9 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Champion 100780 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong steel frame assures assembly longevity. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 67.2 lbs. Its 224 cc Champion engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. However, the two 12" solid wheels allow the 100780 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
Along with the Champion 100780 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. The detergent is diluted with a 12:1 ratio by the Champion 100780's automatic soap dilution mechanism. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀5/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Champion 100780 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a low oil protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Champion 100780 comes with soap hose, oil, funnel, pressure hose, wand and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Champion 100780 is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Champion 100780's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Champion 100780 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 3100 PSI max pressure output, the Champion 100780 is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $400-500 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Briggs & Stratton 20647 with 3600 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 2.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Lifan LFQ3370 has the highest GPM of 3.
- The 100780's Cleaning Units, 6820 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 9900 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Champion 100780 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||224 cc Champion OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 41.5 x 19.5 x 27.1 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", solid|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Champion Power Equipment is a US-based power equipment manufacturer founded in 2003. Even though Champion is best known for their portable generators, the company has an extensive portfolio of products, including logging and lawn equipment, and pumps and pressure washers. Their products are listed as engineered in the US, in Sussex, WI. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components. Champion has two major distribution centers in Northern America. Their US distribution center is located in Jackson, TN and Canadian in Burlington, Ontario.
The Champion 100780 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Champion pressure washers, please contact the Champion Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.