The Champion 100780 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Champion 100780
In summary, the Champion 100780 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Champion 100780's axial cam pump, powered by an impressive 224 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (approximately 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.2 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Champion 100780 thus has a cleaning power of 6820 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Champion engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.9 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Champion 100780 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 67.2 lbs. Its 224 cc Champion engine and steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. But, as the 100780 does have a set of two 12" solid wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Champion 100780 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. The Champion 100780 includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 12:1 ratio. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀5/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Champion 100780 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Champion 100780 also comes with wand, soap hose, oil, funnel, pressure hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Champion 100780 is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Champion 100780's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Champion 100780 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 3100 PSI max pressure output, the Champion 100780 is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $300-400 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Stanley SXPW3425, which reaches up to 3400 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Predator 3100, with a GPM of 2.8.
- The 100780 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to gas-powered devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 6820 CU (PSI x GPM). When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Westinghouse WPX3400 and its 8840 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Champion 100780 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||224 cc Champion OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 41.5 x 19.5 x 27.1 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", solid|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Champion Power Equipment is a US-based power equipment manufacturer founded in 2003. Even though Champion is best known for their portable generators, the company has an extensive portfolio of products, including logging and lawn equipment, and pumps and pressure washers. Their products are listed as engineered in the US, in Sussex, WI. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components. Champion has two major distribution centers in Northern America. Their US distribution center is located in Jackson, TN and Canadian in Burlington, Ontario.
The Champion 100780 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Champion pressure washers, please contact the Champion Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.