The Champion 100781 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Champion 100781
In a nutshell, the Champion 100781 is a heavy duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The Champion 100781's axial cam pump, powered by a 160 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3000 PSI (approximately 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Champion 100781 thus has a cleaning power of 6900 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GC160 engine.
A steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.48 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Champion 100781 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The adds to the 100781 convenience of transport.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 62 lbs. A major component of its weight are its 160 cc Honda GC160 engine and steel frame. The 100781 can still be easily manipulated and maneuvered, thanks to its two 12" solid wheels.
The Champion 100781's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 1 gal tank. The Champion 100781 includes an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which will dilute the detergent using a 12:1 ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀5/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Champion 100781's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Champion 100781 comes with spray gun, wand, funnel, oil, pressure hose and soap hose.
- Emissions: The Champion 100781 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Champion 100781's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Champion 100781 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Champion 100781 and its 3000 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $500 and $550. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3625 that can reach up to 3600 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Lifan LFQ3370E has the highest GPM of 3.
- The 100781's Cleaning Units, 6900 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to gas-powered devices of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Lifan LFQ3370E, which can reach up to 9900 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Champion 100781 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||160 cc Honda GC160 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||100823|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 41.5 x 19.5 x 27.1 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", solid|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Champion Power Equipment is a US-based power equipment manufacturer founded in 2003. Even though Champion is best known for their portable generators, the company has an extensive portfolio of products, including logging and lawn equipment, and pumps and pressure washers. Their products are listed as engineered in the US, in Sussex, WI. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components. Champion has two major distribution centers in Northern America. Their US distribution center is located in Jackson, TN and Canadian in Burlington, Ontario.
The Champion 100781 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Champion pressure washers, please contact the Champion Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.