The Champion 100781 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Champion 100781
In summary, the Champion 100781 is a heavy duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 160 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 3000 PSI (roughly 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 6900 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GC160 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.48 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Champion 100781 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The adds to the 100781 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 62 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its 160 cc Honda GC160 engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Since the 100781 has a set of two 12" solid wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Champion 100781 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. The Champion 100781 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 12:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀5/8" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Champion 100781 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Champion 100781 also comes with pressure hose, funnel, oil, wand, soap hose and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Champion 100781 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Champion 100781's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Champion 100781 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Champion 100781 and its 3000 PSI, ranks amongst gas-powered pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $400 and $500. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3425 that can reach up to 3400 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- The 100781 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to gas-powered devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 6900 CU (PSI x GPM). If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 9900 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 6500 and 7000 Cleaning Units, the Champion 100781 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||160 cc Honda GC160 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 41.5 x 19.5 x 27.1 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", solid|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
About Champion Power Equipment
Champion Power Equipment is a US-based power equipment manufacturer founded in 2003. Even though Champion is best known for their portable generators, the company has an extensive portfolio of products, including logging and lawn equipment, and pumps and pressure washers. Their products are listed as engineered in the US, in Sussex, WI. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components. Champion has two major distribution centers in Northern America. Their US distribution center is located in Jackson, TN and Canadian in Burlington, Ontario.
The Champion 100781 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Champion pressure washers, please contact the Champion Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.