The Champion 100783 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3200 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||187cc Honda GC190 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||100830|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀5/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 41.5 x 19.5 x 27.1 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", solid|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Champion 100783
The Champion 100783 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 187 cc engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3200 PSI (almost 53 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 8000 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GC190 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.48 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Champion 100783 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
The device can be maneuvered with ease by most, since it only weighs 62 lbs. Its 187 cc Honda GC190 engine and steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. Since the 100783 has a set of two 12" solid wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The Champion 100783 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a 1 gal tank. The detergent is diluted with a 12:1 ratio by the Champion 100783's automatic soap dilution mechanism. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 25 ft ⌀5/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Champion 100783's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Champion 100783 comes with wand, soap hose, oil, spray gun, pressure hose and funnel.
- Emissions: The Champion 100783 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Thus, selling and purchasing this pressure washer is allowed in each of the 50 states, including California.
The Champion 100783's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Champion 100783 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $500.
- With a maximum pressure output of 3200 PSI, the Champion 100783 finds itself in the expected pressure range among gas-powered units that cost between $500 and $600. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Simpson PS61201 that can reach up to 3500 PSI.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- As the 100783 has a total of 8000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced gas-powered units. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ3370 and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the Champion 100783 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Honda engine
- Designed to be stable
- Good range of nozzles included
- Automatic detergent dilution
- Onboard storage
- Several security features
- Decent PSI for the price
- Decent GPM for the price
- Decent CU for the price
- The Champion 100783 doesn't have any notably low specs.
About Champion Power Equipment
Champion Power Equipment is a US-based power equipment manufacturer founded in 2003. Even though Champion is best known for their portable generators, the company has an extensive portfolio of products, including logging and lawn equipment, and pumps and pressure washers. Their products are listed as engineered in the US, in Sussex, WI. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components. Champion has two major distribution centers in Northern America. Their US distribution center is located in Jackson, TN and Canadian in Burlington, Ontario.
The Champion 100783 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Champion pressure washers, please contact the Champion Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.