The Champion 100786 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3500 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||224cc Champion OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀5/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 44.9 x 23.9 x 28.2 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", solid|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Champion 100786
The Champion 100786 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With an impressive 224 cc engine, its brass triplex pump delivers a pressure of 3500 PSI (roughly 58 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Champion 100786's cleaning power of 8750 Cleaning Units.
The Champion engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 0.9 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Champion 100786 grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
At 87 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. The major reasons for its heavy weight are its 224 cc Champion engine, the triplex pump and steel frame. However, the unit is mobile thanks to its two 10" solid wheels, which add to its movability and allow it to be manipulated smoothly on the job.
Along with the Champion 100786 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a 1 gal tank. The Champion 100786 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 12:1 ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of easy-to-use straps, the included 50 ft ⌀5/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Champion 100786 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Included with the Champion 100786 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as funnel, soap hose, pressure hose, oil, wand and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Champion 100786 is NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Champion 100786's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Champion 100786 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 3500 PSI max pressure output, the Champion 100786 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other gas-powered units in the $600 to $700 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the A-iPower PWF4200SH with a PSI of 4200.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the A-iPower PWF4200SH has the highest GPM of 4.
- The 8750 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the 100786 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced gas-powered units. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the A-iPower PWF4200SH and its 16800 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the Champion 100786 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Champion Power Equipment
Champion Power Equipment is a US-based power equipment manufacturer founded in 2003. Even though Champion is best known for their portable generators, the company has an extensive portfolio of products, including logging and lawn equipment, and pumps and pressure washers. Their products are listed as engineered in the US, in Sussex, WI. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components. Champion has two major distribution centers in Northern America. Their US distribution center is located in Jackson, TN and Canadian in Burlington, Ontario.
The Champion 100786 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Champion pressure washers, please contact the Champion Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.