The Champion 100786 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3500 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||224cc Champion OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀5/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 44.9 x 23.9 x 28.2 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", solid|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Champion 100786
The Champion 100786, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a powerful 224cc engine, its brass triplex pump delivers a pressure of 3500 PSI (roughly 58 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the Champion 100786's cleaning power of 8750 Cleaning Units.
The Champion engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.9 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Champion 100786 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
At 87 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. Its 224cc Champion engine, the triplex pump and steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 10" solid wheels, which play a key role in its maneuverability.
The Champion 100786 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 1 gal tank. The Champion 100786 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 12:1 ratio. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The 50 ft ⌀5/8" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Champion 100786's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Champion 100786 comes with spray gun, soap hose, pressure hose, oil, wand and funnel.
- Emissions: The Champion 100786 is NOT CARB-compliant and so you cannot buy it nor sell it in California.
The Champion 100786's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Champion 100786 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Champion 100786, which can reach up to 3500 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the gas-powered units that cost between $500 and $600. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Simpson PS60995 with 3600 PSI.
- Considering its water flow, this washer, with a GPM (gallons per minute) of 2.5 is in the average compared to other devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, with 3 GPM.
- In comparison to other gas-powered units of similar price, the 8750 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the 100786 are average. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8500 and 9000 Cleaning Units, the Champion 100786 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
About Champion Power Equipment
Champion Power Equipment is a US-based power equipment manufacturer founded in 2003. Even though Champion is best known for their portable generators, the company has an extensive portfolio of products, including logging and lawn equipment, and pumps and pressure washers. Their products are listed as engineered in the US, in Sussex, WI. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components. Champion has two major distribution centers in Northern America. Their US distribution center is located in Jackson, TN and Canadian in Burlington, Ontario.
The Champion 100786 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Champion pressure washers, please contact the Champion Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.