The Champion 100790 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4200 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (104°F max.)|
|Engine||389 cc Champion OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||Annovi Reverberi Triplex|
|Soap tank||1 gal|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀5/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 49.5 x 23.9 x 28.1 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, funnel, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Champion 100790
The Champion 100790, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
The Champion 100790's brass triplex pump, powered by an impressive 389 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 4200 PSI (approximately 70 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). The Champion 100790 thus has a cleaning power of 16800 Cleaning Units.
A classic pull-start mechanism is responsible for starting the gas-powered pressure washer’s Champion engine.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.6 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the Champion 100790 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
At 124.6 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. Its 389 cc Champion engine, the triplex pump and steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 10" never-flat wheels, which play a key role in its maneuverability.
The Champion 100790's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a 1 gal tank. The automatic soap dilution mechanism of the Champion 100790 will dilute the detergent with a 12:1 ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 50 ft ⌀5/8" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of easy-to-use straps.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Champion 100790 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: The Champion 100790 comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get oil, pressure hose, soap hose, wand, funnel and spray gun.
- Emissions: The Champion 100790 is NOT CARB-compliant. Thus, it cannot be purchased or sold in California.
The Champion 100790's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Champion 100790 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Champion 100790, reaching a PSI of up to 4200, is one of the most powerful gas-powered units in $900-1000 price range.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 4 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the highest values found in the above-mentioned price range.
- The 100790, which reaches up to 16800 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) is one of the most efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 16500 and 17000 Cleaning Units, the Champion 100790 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
About Champion Power Equipment
Champion Power Equipment is a US-based power equipment manufacturer founded in 2003. Even though Champion is best known for their portable generators, the company has an extensive portfolio of products, including logging and lawn equipment, and pumps and pressure washers. Their products are listed as engineered in the US, in Sussex, WI. However, the company does not provide information on the origin of their components. Champion has two major distribution centers in Northern America. Their US distribution center is located in Jackson, TN and Canadian in Burlington, Ontario.
The Champion 100790 is covered under a warranty for up to 2 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Champion pressure washers, please contact the Champion Customer Support: 1-877-338-0999.