The Craftsman CMEPW1700 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Craftsman CMEPW1700
In a nutshell, the Craftsman CMEPW1700 is a light duty pressure washer that allows:
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 1700 PSI (around 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Craftsman CMEPW1700 has a cleaning power of 2040 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the CMEPW1700 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the Craftsman CMEPW1700 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the CMEPW1700 convenience of transport. The handle is molded in the frame to ensure that it will never fall apart.
With a weight of only 22 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. Because the CMEPW1700 is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
Along with the Craftsman CMEPW1700 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun.
- Pressure hose: The unit comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: The device comes with a classic ergonomic spray gun and a wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 2 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Craftsman CMEPW1700's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Craftsman CMEPW1700 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, spray gun, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), wand and power cord.
The Craftsman CMEPW1700's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Craftsman CMEPW1700 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 1700 PSI max pressure output, the Craftsman CMEPW1700 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $80 to $110 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Realm BY02-BCOH, which reaches up to 2100 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX3000 has the highest GPM of 1.76.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 2040 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the CMEPW1700 rank as low. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Sun Joe SPX3000 with its 3572.8 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Craftsman CMEPW1700 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Craftsman CMEPW1700 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman pressure washers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.