The Craftsman CMEPW1700 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Craftsman CMEPW1700
In a nutshell, the Craftsman CMEPW1700 is a light duty pressure washer that allows:
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 1700 PSI (roughly 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2040 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the CMEPW1700 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the Craftsman CMEPW1700 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the CMEPW1700 convenience of transport. The handle’s design prevents it from falling apart, since it is molded in the frame.
With a weight of only 22 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. Among other factors, the plastic frame plays a role in this light weight. This light weight compensates for the fact that the CMEPW1700 doesn't have any wheels, as it's not something necessary.
The Craftsman CMEPW1700 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun.
- Pressure hose: An easy-to-connect 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is included with the unit. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: This unit includes a classic ergonomic spray gun and a wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 2 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Craftsman CMEPW1700's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Craftsman CMEPW1700 also comes with spray gun, power cord, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water), wand and pressure hose.
The Craftsman CMEPW1700's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Craftsman CMEPW1700 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 1700 PSI, the Craftsman CMEPW1700 finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $80 and $110. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the WEN PW22 with a PSI of 2100.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX has the highest GPM of 1.8.
- The CMEPW1700, with its 2040 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the WEN PW22 with its 2730 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Craftsman CMEPW1700 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The bottom line
- Onboard storage
- High CU for the price
- Decent PSI for the price
- Could include more nozzles
- No pressure hose storage
- Low GPM for the price
Craftsman is a well-known American brand of tools and hardware products, founded in 1927. The brand's products are manufactured primarily in the United States and are designed to meet the needs of DIY enthusiasts, homeowners, and professional tradespeople. Over the years, Craftsman has become synonymous with durability, quality, and innovation, delivering products that are built to last and designed to make household and workshop tasks easier and more efficient. The brand's focus on delivering reliable and affordable tools has made it a popular choice among consumers and has established Craftsman as a trusted name in the industry.
The Craftsman CMEPW1700 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman pressure washers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.
Essentially impossible to remove the want extension once connected. No tutorial printed or online to do so. Hard to rebox for returns.
Only one nozzle for a full spray – needed tight spray to reach upper level of house. They could have added more nozzles. Wasted my day – bad sales person returning