The Craftsman CMEPW1700 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1700 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Soap injection||Via foam cannon|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||20 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Craftsman CMEPW1700
In a nutshell, the Craftsman CMEPW1700 is a light duty pressure washer that allows:
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 13 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 1700 PSI (almost 28 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2040 Cleaning Units.
The CMEPW1700 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the Craftsman CMEPW1700 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the CMEPW1700 convenience of transport. The handle is molded in the frame to ensure that it will never fall apart.
With a weight of only 22 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. This is, in part, thanks to its plastic frame, which allows it to remain as lightweight as possible. Because the CMEPW1700 is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
The Craftsman CMEPW1700's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the gun.
- Pressure hose: An easy-to-connect 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is included with the unit. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: The device comes with a classic ergonomic spray gun and a wand.
- Nozzles: The 2 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Craftsman CMEPW1700's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual and documentation to get you promptly started, the Craftsman CMEPW1700 comes with pressure hose, spray gun, power cord, foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water) and wand.
The Craftsman CMEPW1700's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Craftsman CMEPW1700 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Craftsman CMEPW1700, with a maximum pressure output of 1700 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $80 to $110 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the WEN PW22 with 2100 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX, with a GPM of 1.8.
- The CMEPW1700's Cleaning Units, 2040 CU (PSI x GPM), fall into the lower end when compared to electric devices of similar price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX and its 3690 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Craftsman CMEPW1700 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
The Craftsman CMEPW1700 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman pressure washers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.