The Craftsman CMEPW1800 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1800 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|13 amp, universal
|Via foam cannon
|Quick connect nozzles
|20 ft, ⌀1/4
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 18.3 x 10.3 x 11.3 in
|Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, foam cannon, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 2 nozzles
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Craftsman CMEPW1800
In a nutshell, the Craftsman CMEPW1800 is a light duty pressure washer that allows:
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
The Craftsman CMEPW1800's axial cam pump, powered by a 13 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 1800 PSI (approximately 30 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values). The Craftsman CMEPW1800 thus has a cleaning power of 2160 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Craftsman CMEPW1800's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design and approximate dimensions of L18.3 x W10.3 x H11.3 in, the Craftsman CMEPW1800 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The handle adds to the CMEPW1800 convenience of transport. The handle’s design prevents it from falling apart, since it is molded in the frame.
The unit can be very easily carried around, as it weighs just 17.6 lbs. It is lightweight, partly thanks to its plastic frame. Because the CMEPW1800 is so lightweight, it doesn’t utilize wheels.
The Craftsman CMEPW1800 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 2 nozzles and a detergent addition feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap addition: Detergent is added to the water at the exit, by attaching the included foam cannon to the end of the wand.
- Pressure hose: This washer comes with an easy-to-connect 20 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose. However, it doesn't feature any proper storage solution for it (no reel, strap or hook).
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 2 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry
|Use with caution
|Siding, gutters, house
|Fencing, deck, patio
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV
|Use with caution
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the Craftsman CMEPW1800's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Craftsman CMEPW1800 also comes with pressure hose, power cord, spray gun, wand and foam cannon (to add cleaning solutions to the water).
The Craftsman CMEPW1800's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Craftsman CMEPW1800 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Craftsman CMEPW1800, which can reach a PSI of 1800, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other electric units that cost between $80 and $110. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2700-MAX that can reach up to 2100 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Sun Joe SPX2688-MAX has the highest GPM of 1.8.
- With a rather impressive value of 2160 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the CMEPW1800 has a higher cleaning efficiency compared to similarly priced devices. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the A-iPower PWE1802 and its 2340 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from these interactive charts, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Craftsman CMEPW1800 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
Craftsman is a well-known American brand of tools and hardware products, founded in 1927. The brand's products are manufactured primarily in the United States and are designed to meet the needs of DIY enthusiasts, homeowners, and professional tradespeople. Over the years, Craftsman has become synonymous with durability, quality, and innovation, delivering products that are built to last and designed to make household and workshop tasks easier and more efficient. The brand's focus on delivering reliable and affordable tools has made it a popular choice among consumers and has established Craftsman as a trusted name in the industry.
The Craftsman CMEPW1800 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman pressure washers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.