The Craftsman CMEPW1900 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1900 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Craftsman CMEPW1900
The Craftsman CMEPW1900 is a light to medium duty pressure washer, and enables:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Its power characteristics and design, its main features and all its additional features are presented ahead.
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 1900 PSI (roughly 32 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the Craftsman CMEPW1900's cleaning power of 2280 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Craftsman CMEPW1900's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Craftsman CMEPW1900 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. The robust and sturdy steel tubing frame offers longevity to the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the CMEPW1900 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 31 lbs, the unit is definitely easy to carry around. On top of its light weight, the transportability and ease of use of this model is further improved by the addition of two 8" wheels.
Along with the Craftsman CMEPW1900 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: A safe detergent storage is facilitated by a removable tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 3 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Craftsman CMEPW1900's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Craftsman CMEPW1900 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as power cord, wand, pressure hose and spray gun.
The Craftsman CMEPW1900's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Craftsman CMEPW1900 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 1900 PSI max pressure output, the Craftsman CMEPW1900 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $150 to $180 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Westinghouse EPX3500, which reaches up to 2500 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX2690-MAX, with 1.8 GPM.
- The 2280 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the CMEPW1900 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Pulsar PWE2000, which can reach up to 3200 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Craftsman CMEPW1900 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Onboard storage
- Decent PSI for the price
- Decent CU for the price
- Could include more nozzles
- Low GPM for the price
Craftsman is a well-known American brand of tools and hardware products, founded in 1927. The brand's products are manufactured primarily in the United States and are designed to meet the needs of DIY enthusiasts, homeowners, and professional tradespeople. Over the years, Craftsman has become synonymous with durability, quality, and innovation, delivering products that are built to last and designed to make household and workshop tasks easier and more efficient. The brand's focus on delivering reliable and affordable tools has made it a popular choice among consumers and has established Craftsman as a trusted name in the industry.
The Craftsman CMEPW1900 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman pressure washers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.