The Craftsman CMEPW1900 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 1900 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Craftsman CMEPW1900
In a nutshell, the Craftsman CMEPW1900 is a light to medium duty pressure washer that allows:
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of up to 1900 PSI (roughly 32 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 2280 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the CMEPW1900 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Craftsman CMEPW1900 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the CMEPW1900 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Since the unit weighs only 31 lbs, it is very easily carried around. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 8" wheels.
Along with the Craftsman CMEPW1900 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 3 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable tank. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 3 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Craftsman CMEPW1900's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the Craftsman CMEPW1900 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as pressure hose, wand, power cord and spray gun.
The Craftsman CMEPW1900's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Craftsman CMEPW1900 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Craftsman CMEPW1900, with a maximum pressure output of 1900 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $120 to $150 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Sun Joe SPX3500, which reaches up to 2300 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX3200, with a GPM of 1.76.
- The CMEPW1900 has 2280 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Realm BY02-BCMH and its 4025 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2000 and 2500 Cleaning Units, the Craftsman CMEPW1900 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Nozzles||15°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀8"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 3 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Craftsman CMEPW1900 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman pressure washers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.