The Craftsman CMEPW2100 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2100 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Craftsman CMEPW2100
The Craftsman CMEPW2100, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp universal motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 2100 PSI (roughly 35 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the Craftsman CMEPW2100's cleaning power of 2520 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Craftsman CMEPW2100's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
It should be noted that the unit requires a dedicated 240V electrical circuit to operate. The included cord has a NEMA plug, which should be plugged into a R receptacle.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design, the Craftsman CMEPW2100 offers great mobility. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the CMEPW2100 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 35 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 10" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
Along with the Craftsman CMEPW2100 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable tank. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Total Stop System (TSS): This feature automatically shuts off the pressure washer when the trigger is not engaged, to prolong the pump's lifespan.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with Craftsman CMEPW2100's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the Craftsman CMEPW2100 also comes with pressure hose, wand, spray gun and power cord.
The Craftsman CMEPW2100's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Craftsman CMEPW2100 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 2100 PSI max pressure output, the Craftsman CMEPW2100 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $170 to $200 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX, which reaches up to 2800 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, this washer, with 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), is placed on the lower end of the GPM scale. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX2005P, with a GPM of 1.8.
- With 2520 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the CMEPW2100 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Craftsman CMEPW2100 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Craftsman CMEPW2100 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman pressure washers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.