The Craftsman CMEPW2400 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2400 PSI and flow of 1.1 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Craftsman CMEPW2400
In a nutshell, the Craftsman CMEPW2400 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
The Craftsman CMEPW2400's axial cam pump, powered by a 13 amp induction motor, can provide a pressure of up to 2400 PSI (approximately 40 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.1 GPM (CETA-certified values). The Craftsman CMEPW2400 thus has a cleaning power of 2640 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the CMEPW2400 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design, the Craftsman CMEPW2400 provides great mobility. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the CMEPW2400 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Because the device weighs just 44.8 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. As if this lightweight wasn't enough, the device also features two 10" wheels to further improve its ease of use and of transport.
The Craftsman CMEPW2400 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Craftsman CMEPW2400 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Craftsman CMEPW2400 comes with wand, pressure hose, spray gun and power cord.
The Craftsman CMEPW2400's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Craftsman CMEPW2400 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Craftsman CMEPW2400, reaching a PSI of up to 2400, is one of the more powerful electric units in $195-255 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4600 that can reach up to 3000 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.1 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the AR Blue Clean BCXP22300P, which can reach up to 1.7 GPM.
- The CMEPW2400, which reaches up to 2640 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) is one of the more efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Pulsar PWE2019 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Craftsman CMEPW2400 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The Craftsman CMEPW2400 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman pressure washers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.