The Craftsman CMEPW2400 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2400 PSI and flow of 1.1 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Craftsman CMEPW2400
The Craftsman CMEPW2400, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Powered by a 13 amp induction motor, its axial cam pump can deliver a pressure of 2400 PSI (around 40 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.1 GPM (CETA-certified values). Combined, these values mean that the Craftsman CMEPW2400 has a cleaning power of 2640 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the Craftsman CMEPW2400's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The Craftsman CMEPW2400 is very mobile, due to its hand truck design. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the CMEPW2400 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Because the device weighs just 44.8 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. A set of two 10" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Craftsman CMEPW2400 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable tank. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Craftsman CMEPW2400 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The Craftsman CMEPW2400 comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get wand, power cord, spray gun and pressure hose.
The Craftsman CMEPW2400's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Craftsman CMEPW2400 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The Craftsman CMEPW2400, which can reach up to 2400 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the electric units that cost between $195 and $255. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4600 that can reach up to 3000 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.1 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Realm BY02-BIMK has the highest GPM of 1.75.
- The CMEPW2400 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2640 CU (PSI x GPM). If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Realm BY02-BIMK and its 4550 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Craftsman CMEPW2400 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Craftsman CMEPW2400 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman pressure washers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.