The Craftsman CMEPW2400 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2400 PSI and flow of 1.1 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the Craftsman CMEPW2400
The Craftsman CMEPW2400, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 13 amp induction motor, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 2400 PSI (roughly 40 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.1 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the Craftsman CMEPW2400's cleaning power of 2640 Cleaning Units.
The CMEPW2400 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design, the Craftsman CMEPW2400 provides great mobility. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the CMEPW2400 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 44.8 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. A set of two 10" wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
The Craftsman CMEPW2400's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable tank. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its metal wand.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Craftsman CMEPW2400 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual and documentation to get you promptly started, the Craftsman CMEPW2400 comes with spray gun, power cord, wand and pressure hose.
The Craftsman CMEPW2400's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Craftsman CMEPW2400 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 2400 PSI, the Craftsman CMEPW2400 is one of the electric products that produce an above average water pressure, in the $195 to $255 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Realm BY02-BIMK with a PSI of 2600.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.1 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Sun Joe SPX4001, with a GPM of 1.76.
- The CMEPW2400 has 2640 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), which can be considered low in comparison to other electric devices of this price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Realm BY02-BIMK with its 4550 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the Craftsman CMEPW2400 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, induction|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10"|
|Included accessories||Metal wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
The Craftsman CMEPW2400 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman pressure washers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.