The Craftsman CMEPW2800 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2800 PSI and flow of 1.1 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, brushless|
|Soap tank||1 gal, removable|
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", never flat|
|Included accessories||Nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the Craftsman CMEPW2800
In summary, the Craftsman CMEPW2800 is a medium to heavy duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Ahead are presented its power characteristics and design, its main features and any other additional features.
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 13 amp brushless motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2800 PSI (almost 47 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.1 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 3080 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the CMEPW2800 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design, the Craftsman CMEPW2800 provides great mobility. The strong steel tubing frame assures assembly longevity. The foam-padded fixed handle adds to the CMEPW2800 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 56 lbs. Its motor and steel tubing frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. But, as the CMEPW2800 does have a set of two 10" never-flat wheels, it can be easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the Craftsman CMEPW2800 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a removable 1 gal tank. The Craftsman CMEPW2800 has an automatic soap dilution mechanism, which dilutes the detergent using a 10:1 ratio. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose, which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The Craftsman CMEPW2800 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and documentation to get you promptly started, the Craftsman CMEPW2800 comes with nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, wand, power cord and spray gun.
The Craftsman CMEPW2800's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the Craftsman CMEPW2800 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $380.
- With 2800 PSI, the Craftsman CMEPW2800 ranks as one that can reach an above average pressure, amongst the electric products that cost between $300 and $400. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX8000-PRO with a PSI of 3200.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.1 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Greenworks GPW2700 has the highest GPM of 2.3.
- Boasting with 3080 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the CMEPW2800 is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Ryobi RY143011 with its 3300 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 3000 and 3500 Cleaning Units, the Craftsman CMEPW2800 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
The bottom line
- In the expected price range
- Brushless motor
- Good range of nozzles included
- Automatic detergent dilution
- Onboard storage
- High PSI for the price
- High CU for the price
- Low GPM for the price
Craftsman is a well-known American brand of tools and hardware products, founded in 1927. The brand's products are manufactured primarily in the United States and are designed to meet the needs of DIY enthusiasts, homeowners, and professional tradespeople. Over the years, Craftsman has become synonymous with durability, quality, and innovation, delivering products that are built to last and designed to make household and workshop tasks easier and more efficient. The brand's focus on delivering reliable and affordable tools has made it a popular choice among consumers and has established Craftsman as a trusted name in the industry.
The Craftsman CMEPW2800 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of Craftsman pressure washers, please consult Craftsman's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-888-331-4569.