The DeWalt DH4240B is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4200 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||389cc 11.7 HP Honda GX390 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||60446|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 45 x 28 x 25.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DH4240B
The DeWalt DH4240B, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With an impressive 389cc (11.7 hp) engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of 4200 PSI (roughly 70 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the DeWalt DH4240B's cleaning power of 16800 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s Honda GX390 engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 1.6 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DH4240B grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the DH4240B convenience of transport.
The device weighs 145 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. Its 389cc Honda GX390 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 13" pneumatic wheels, which play a key role in its maneuverability.
Along with the DeWalt DH4240B itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose (4500 PSI rating) can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with DeWalt DH4240B's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Included with the DeWalt DH4240B are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as nozzle cleaner, soap hose, spray gun, wand, oil and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DH4240B is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DH4240B's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DH4240B compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DH4240B, with a maximum pressure output of 4200 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering gas-powered units in $1400 to $1800 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite, which reaches up to 4500 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 4 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the best performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water.
- Boasting with 16800 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the DH4240B is one of the more efficient devices in its respective price range. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite, which can reach up to 18000 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 16500 and 17000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DH4240B is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DH4240B is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).