The DeWalt DH4240B is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 4200 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||389cc 11.7 HP Honda GX390 4-stroke OHV|
|Other model numbers||60446|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 45 x 28 x 25.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DH4240B
The DeWalt DH4240B is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The DeWalt DH4240B's triplex pump, powered by a powerful 389cc (11.7 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 4200 PSI (approximately 70 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (CETA-certified values). The DeWalt DH4240B thus has a cleaning power of 16800 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX390 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
The fuel is stored in a tank, which can hold up to 1.6 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DH4240B grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DH4240B convenience of transport.
This model weighs 145 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. Its 389cc Honda GX390 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, its two 13" pneumatic wheels play an important part in its maneuverability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
Along with the DeWalt DH4240B itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose (4500 PSI rating), which is included with the device, can be stored neatly on the unit itself when idle, using a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the DeWalt DH4240B's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The DeWalt DH4240B comes with an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get oil, spray gun, nozzle cleaner, soap hose, wand and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DH4240B is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DH4240B's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DH4240B compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 4200 PSI max pressure output, the DeWalt DH4240B is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $1300-1700 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite, which reaches up to 4500 PSI.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 4 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the best performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water.
- The DH4240B, with its 16800 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the Lifan LFQ4515E-Elite and its 18000 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 16500 and 17000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DH4240B is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DH4240B is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).