The DeWalt DWPW2100 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2100 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose storage||Dedicated slot (top)|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀4", solid|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DWPW2100
In a nutshell, the DeWalt DWPW2100 is a medium duty pressure washer that allows:
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
The DeWalt DWPW2100's axial cam pump, powered by a 13 amp universal motor, can provide a pressure of up to 2100 PSI (approximately 35 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM (CETA-certified values). The DeWalt DWPW2100 thus has a cleaning power of 2520 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the DeWalt DWPW2100's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the DeWalt DWPW2100 makes mobility one of its core strengths. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
With a weight of only 24 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 4" solid wheels.
Along with the DeWalt DWPW2100 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a dedicated slot, the included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the DeWalt DWPW2100's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the DeWalt DWPW2100 also comes with wand, pressure hose, power cord and spray gun.
The DeWalt DWPW2100's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DWPW2100 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 2100 PSI, the DeWalt DWPW2100 finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $195 and $255. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with 2800 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.2 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Greenworks GPW2700 has the highest GPM of 2.3.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 2520 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) of the DWPW2100 are average. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Greenworks GPW2700 and its 3240 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DWPW2100 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DWPW2100 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).