The DeWalt DWPW2100 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2100 PSI and flow of 1.2 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Motor||13 amp, universal|
|Nozzles||15°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose storage||Dedicated slot (top)|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀4", solid|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 4 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DWPW2100
The DeWalt DWPW2100 is a medium duty pressure washer, and enables:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
- intense cleaning of hard surfaces
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 13 amp universal motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2100 PSI (almost 35 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.2 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2520 Cleaning Units.
The DWPW2100 is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
With its portable design, the DeWalt DWPW2100 makes mobility one of its core strengths. Its sturdy steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The telescopic handle further eases storage and offers a convenient pulling height, allowing effortless transportation.
With a weight of only 24 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. To further improve its transportability and ease of use, the unit also features a set of two 4" solid wheels.
The DeWalt DWPW2100 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a removable tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a dedicated slot, the included 25 ft high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The 4 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DWPW2100 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the DeWalt DWPW2100 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as power cord, pressure hose, spray gun and wand.
The DeWalt DWPW2100's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DWPW2100 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 2100 PSI, the DeWalt DWPW2100 finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $195 and $255. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Sun Joe SPX3000-MAX with 2800 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 1.2 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Greenworks GPW2200, with 2.3 GPM.
- The 2520 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the DWPW2100 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Pulsar PWE2019 and its 3200 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DWPW2100 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DWPW2100 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).