The DeWalt DWPW2400 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2400 PSI and flow of 1.1 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DWPW2400
In a nutshell, the DeWalt DWPW2400 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 13 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2400 PSI (almost 40 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.1 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2640 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the DWPW2400 is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The DeWalt DWPW2400 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21.3 x W19.7 x H40 in. Its sturdy steel tubing frame provides longevity to the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the DWPW2400 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
Because the device weighs just 45.2 lbs, carrying it around is very easy. A set of two 10" pneumatic wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
Along with the DeWalt DWPW2400 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is stored in a dedicated tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DWPW2400's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The DeWalt DWPW2400 comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, wand, power cord and spray gun.
The DeWalt DWPW2400's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DWPW2400 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Reaching a 2400 PSI max pressure output, the DeWalt DWPW2400 has an expected pressure value, compared to the other electric units in the $225 to $315 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the Sun Joe SPX4601, which reaches up to 3000 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 1.1 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS has the highest GPM of 1.7.
- With 2640 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the DWPW2400 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the AR Blue Clean BC2N1HSS and its 3910 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DWPW2400 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21.3 x 19.7 x 40 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DWPW2400 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).