The DeWalt DWPW2400 is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2400 PSI and flow of 1.1 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DWPW2400
In a nutshell, the DeWalt DWPW2400 is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes a 13 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2400 PSI (almost 40 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 1.1 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 2640 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the DWPW2400 gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
Thanks to its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D21.3 x W19.7 x H40 in, the DeWalt DWPW2400 offers great mobility. The robust steel tubing frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The rubber-padded fixed handle adds to the DWPW2400 convenience of transport, while offering a comfortable grip.
With a weight of only 45.2 lbs, the unit is very easy to carry around. A set of two 10" pneumatic wheels also improves the ease of transport of the device.
Along with the DeWalt DWPW2400 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a dedicated tank. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Use with caution|
|Siding, gutters, house||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Not recommended|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Not recommended|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the DeWalt DWPW2400's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the DeWalt DWPW2400 also comes with spray gun, wand, pressure hose and power cord.
The DeWalt DWPW2400's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DWPW2400 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DWPW2400, with a maximum pressure output of 2400 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $235 to $315 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the Sun Joe SPX4601 with 3000 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 1.1 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Greenworks GPW2200 has the highest GPM of 2.3.
- The DWPW2400 ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 2640 CU (PSI x GPM). In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Greenworks GPW2200 and its 5060 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 2500 and 3000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DWPW2400 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Nozzles||15°, 25°, 40°, Soap, Turbo|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 21.3 x 19.7 x 40 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DWPW2400 is covered under a warranty for up to 3 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).