The DeWalt DXPW2000E is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||19 amp, induction|
|Pump||General Pump Triplex|
|Other model numbers||60781|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 47.5 x 26.5 x 22.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock, thermal relief valve and overflow valve with pressure switch|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW2000E
In summary, the DeWalt DXPW2000E is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 19 amp induction motor, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (roughly 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3 GPM (CETA-certified values). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 6000 Cleaning Units.
The DXPW2000E is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW2000E grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW2000E convenience of transport.
At 185.5 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. The major reasons for its heavy weight are its motor, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 13" pneumatic wheels, which play a key role in its maneuverability.
Along with the DeWalt DXPW2000E itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The washer has an adjustable detergent injection system that allows the user to manually select the detergent dilution ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW2000E allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a overflow valve with pressure switch protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the DeWalt DXPW2000E are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, oil, wand, soap hose, pressure hose and power cord.
The DeWalt DXPW2000E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW2000E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW2000E, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2000, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $1300 to $2200 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the NorthStar 1571103, which reaches up to 3000 PSI.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 3 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the NorthStar 1571104, with a GPM of 4.
- The 6000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), of the DXPW2000E result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced electric units. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the NorthStar 1571104 and its 8000 Cleaning Units.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DXPW2000E is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).