The DeWalt DXPW2000E is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW2000E
In summary, the DeWalt DXPW2000E is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its triplex pump, which utilizes a 19 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (almost 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 6000 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the DXPW2000E gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW2000E grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the DXPW2000E convenience of transport.
At 185.5 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. Its motor, the triplex pump and welded steel frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, its two 13" pneumatic wheels play an important part in its maneuvrability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
The DeWalt DXPW2000E comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The device has an adjustable detergent injection system which allows you to manually select the detergent dilution ratio. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with DeWalt DXPW2000E's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a overflow valve with pressure switch protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: The DeWalt DXPW2000E comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get soap hose, wand, power cord, spray gun, pressure hose and oil.
The DeWalt DXPW2000E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW2000E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW2000E, which can achieve a PSI of up to 2000, falls behind the other electric pressure washers in the $1650 to $2000 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the NorthStar 1571105 with 3000 PSI.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 3 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the NorthStar 1571105, that can deliver up to 4 GPM.
- With 6000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), the DXPW2000E is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced electric devices. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the NorthStar 1571105 with its 12000 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 4500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW2000E is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Pump||General Pump Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 47.5 x 26.5 x 22.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock, thermal relief valve and overflow valve with pressure switch|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW2000E is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).