The DeWalt DXPW2000E is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW2000E
In a nutshell, the DeWalt DXPW2000E is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its triplex pump, which utilizes a 19 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (almost 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 6000 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the DXPW2000E is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW2000E grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW2000E convenience of transport.
The device weighs 185.5 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. The major reasons for its heavy weight are its motor, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the device’s two 13" pneumatic wheels play a key role in its maneuvrability, as they allow it to be manipulated smoothly.
The DeWalt DXPW2000E's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The unit features an adjustable detergent injection system that lets you manually control the detergent dilution ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW2000E features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a overflow valve with pressure switch protection.
- Accessories: Included with the DeWalt DXPW2000E are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, oil, pressure hose, soap hose, power cord and spray gun.
The DeWalt DXPW2000E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW2000E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW2000E with its 2000 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $1100-2100 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the NorthStar 1571103, which reaches up to 3000 PSI.
- This washer reaches 3 GPM (gallons per minute) and thus, has an average water flow compared to similarly priced devices. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW2500E, with 3.5 GPM.
- The DXPW2000E ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 6000 CU (PSI x GPM). In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the DeWalt DXPW2500E and its 8750 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 4500 and 8000 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW2000E is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Pump||General Pump Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 47.5 x 26.5 x 22.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock, thermal relief valve and overflow valve with pressure switch|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW2000E is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).