The DeWalt DXPW2000E is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW2000E
In summary, the DeWalt DXPW2000E is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 19 amp induction motor, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (roughly 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 6000 Cleaning Units.
The DXPW2000E is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW2000E grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW2000E convenience of transport.
This model weighs 185.5 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. Its motor, the triplex pump and welded steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, its two 13" pneumatic wheels play an important part in its maneuvrability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
The DeWalt DXPW2000E comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent dilution ratio is selected manually, via the unit's adjustable detergent injection system. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW2000E allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a overflow valve with pressure switch protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the DeWalt DXPW2000E also comes with oil, wand, power cord, spray gun, pressure hose and soap hose.
The DeWalt DXPW2000E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW2000E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW2000E and its 2000 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $1700 and $2000. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the NorthStar 1571105 with 3000 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 3 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the NorthStar 1571105, with a GPM of 4.
- Amongst similarly priced electric devices, the 6000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the DXPW2000E rank as low. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the NorthStar 1571105, which can reach up to 12000 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 5000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW2000E is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||19 amp, induction|
|Pump||General Pump Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 47.5 x 26.5 x 22.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock, thermal relief valve and overflow valve with pressure switch|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW2000E is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).