The DeWalt DXPW2000E is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2000 PSI and flow of 3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||19 amp, induction|
|Pump||General Pump Triplex|
|Other model numbers||60781|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 47.5 x 26.5 x 22.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock, thermal relief valve and overflow valve with pressure switch|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW2000E
In summary, the DeWalt DXPW2000E is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 19 amp induction motor, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 2000 PSI (roughly 33 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3 GPM (CETA-certified values). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 6000 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the DXPW2000E gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW2000E grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW2000E convenience of transport.
With a weight of 185.5 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. The major reasons for its heavy weight are its motor, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the unit is mobile thanks to its two 13" pneumatic wheels, which add to its movability and allow it to be manipulated smoothly on the job.
The DeWalt DXPW2000E comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The detergent dilution ratio is selected manually, via the unit's adjustable detergent injection system. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with DeWalt DXPW2000E's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a overflow valve with pressure switch protection.
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual and documentation to get you promptly started, the DeWalt DXPW2000E comes with oil, spray gun, wand, pressure hose, power cord and soap hose.
The DeWalt DXPW2000E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW2000E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW2000E and its 2000 PSI, ranks amongst electric pressure washers with a comparably low pressure output, considering the units that cost between $1900 and $2300. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW2500E with a PSI of 2500.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 3 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the NorthStar 1571104 has the highest GPM of 4.
- The DXPW2000E ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 6000 CU (PSI x GPM). If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the DeWalt DXPW2500E and its 8750 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DXPW2000E is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).