The DeWalt DXPW2500E is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2500 PSI and flow of 3.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW2500E
In a nutshell, the DeWalt DXPW2500E is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 24 amp motor, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of 2500 PSI (roughly 42 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer), resulting in the DeWalt DXPW2500E's cleaning power of 8750 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the DeWalt DXPW2500E's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW2500E grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the DXPW2500E convenience of transport.
At 238.5 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. Its motor, the triplex pump and welded steel frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, the unit’s two 13" pneumatic wheels are crucial to its maneuvrability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
The DeWalt DXPW2500E's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The washer has an adjustable detergent injection system that allows the user to manually select the detergent dilution ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the DeWalt DXPW2500E's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a overflow valve with pressure switch protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the DeWalt DXPW2500E are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as oil, wand, soap hose, pressure hose, power cord and spray gun.
The DeWalt DXPW2500E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW2500E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW2500E, with a maximum pressure output of 2500 PSI, has an average pressure output, when considering electric units in $1000 to $3400 price range. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3000E that can reach up to 3000 PSI.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 3.5 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3000E, with 4 GPM.
- With the DXPW2500E's 8750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), its cleaning efficiency range may be considered average, compared to electric units of similar price. If you consider the highest overall cleaning power as a really important factor, the DeWalt DXPW3000E and its 12000 Cleaning Units has one of the highest cleaning efficiency of all the similarly priced units.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Pump||General Pump Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 47.5 x 26.5 x 22.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock, thermal relief valve and overflow valve with pressure switch|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW2500E is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).