The DeWalt DXPW2500E is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2500 PSI and flow of 3.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||24 amp, induction|
|Pump||General Pump Triplex|
|Other model numbers||60782|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 47.5 x 26.5 x 22.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock, thermal relief valve and overflow valve with pressure switch|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW2500E
In summary, the DeWalt DXPW2500E is a medium duty pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 24 amp induction motor, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of 2500 PSI (roughly 42 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.5 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the DeWalt DXPW2500E's cleaning power of 8750 Cleaning Units.
The DXPW2500E is an electric pressure washer and thus, can be easily started by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW2500E grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW2500E convenience of transport.
This model weighs 238.5 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. Its motor, the triplex pump and welded steel frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, the unit’s two 13" pneumatic wheels are crucial to its maneuverability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
The DeWalt DXPW2500E's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The unit features an adjustable detergent injection system that lets you manually control the detergent dilution ratio. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW2500E's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a overflow valve with pressure switch protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The DeWalt DXPW2500E comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get spray gun, oil, power cord, soap hose, pressure hose and wand.
The DeWalt DXPW2500E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW2500E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With a maximum pressure output of 2500 PSI, the DeWalt DXPW2500E finds itself in the expected pressure range among electric units that cost between $1900 and $2100. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the NorthStar 1571105 that can reach up to 3000 PSI.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 3.5 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the NorthStar 1571105, with a GPM of 4.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 8750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the DXPW2500E are average. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the NorthStar 1571105 and its 12000 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 7000 and 10500 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW2500E is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DXPW2500E is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).