The DeWalt DXPW2500E is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2500 PSI and flow of 3.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW2500E
The DeWalt DXPW2500E, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its triplex pump, which utilizes a 24 amp motor, may deliver a pressure of up to 2500 PSI (almost 42 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 8750 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the DXPW2500E is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW2500E grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW2500E convenience of transport.
The device weighs 238.5 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. Its motor, the triplex pump and welded steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, the unit is mobile thanks to its two 13" pneumatic wheels, which add to its movability and allow it to be manipulated smoothly on the job.
The DeWalt DXPW2500E comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Even though the device doesn't have a soap tank, detergent is supplied by a siphon hose. The unit features an adjustable detergent injection system that lets you manually control the detergent dilution ratio. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW2500E allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a overflow valve with pressure switch protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual and documentation to get you promptly started, the DeWalt DXPW2500E comes with oil, wand, soap hose, pressure hose, spray gun and power cord.
The DeWalt DXPW2500E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW2500E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW2500E, which can reach a PSI of 2500, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other electric units that cost between $1800 and $2700. If you're going after the highest possible power of the water stream, one of the best in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3000E that can reach up to 3000 PSI.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 3.5 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the DeWalt DXPW3000E, which can reach up to 4 GPM.
- In comparison to other electric units of similar price, the 8750 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the DXPW2500E are average. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the DeWalt DXPW3000E and its 12000 Cleaning Units.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Pump||General Pump Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 47.5 x 26.5 x 22.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock, thermal relief valve and overflow valve with pressure switch|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW2500E is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).