The DeWalt DXPW2500E is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2500 PSI and flow of 3.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW2500E
The DeWalt DXPW2500E, a medium duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 24 amp induction motor, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 2500 PSI (roughly 42 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.5 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 8750 Cleaning Units.
Being an electric pressure washer, the DeWalt DXPW2500E's motor can be easily started by a convenient ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW2500E grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the DXPW2500E convenience of transport.
The device weighs 238.5 lbs and thus, is far from lightweight. Transporting and manually lifting it may therefore pose a challenge. Its motor, the triplex pump and welded steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, the device’s two 13" pneumatic wheels play a key role in its maneuvrability, as they allow it to be manipulated smoothly.
The DeWalt DXPW2500E comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The device has an adjustable detergent injection system which allows you to manually select the detergent dilution ratio. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the DeWalt DXPW2500E's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a overflow valve with pressure switch protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the DeWalt DXPW2500E are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as spray gun, power cord, soap hose, oil, pressure hose and wand.
The DeWalt DXPW2500E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW2500E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW2500E with its 2500 PSI achieves a lower pressure value, compared to other electric pressure washers in the $1800-2100 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the NorthStar 1571105 with a PSI of 3000.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 3.5 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the NorthStar 1571105 has the highest GPM of 4.
- The DXPW2500E ranks as below average in terms of Cleaning Units, compared to electric devices in its price range, reaching only a value of 8750 CU (PSI x GPM). In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the NorthStar 1571105 and its 12000 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 7000 and 10500 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW2500E is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||24 amp, induction|
|Pump||General Pump Triplex|
|Other model numbers||60782|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 47.5 x 26.5 x 22.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock, thermal relief valve and overflow valve with pressure switch|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW2500E is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).