The DeWalt DXPW2500E is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 2500 PSI and flow of 3.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||24 amp, induction|
|Pump||General Pump Triplex|
|Other model numbers||60782|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 47.5 x 26.5 x 22.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock, thermal relief valve and overflow valve with pressure switch|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW2500E
In a nutshell, the DeWalt DXPW2500E is a medium duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 24 amp induction motor, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 2500 PSI (roughly 42 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 3.5 GPM (CETA-certified values). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 8750 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the DXPW2500E is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW2500E grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the DXPW2500E convenience of transport.
This model weighs 238.5 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. A key role in its final weight is played by its motor, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the unit is mobile thanks to its two 13" pneumatic wheels, which add to its movability and allow it to be manipulated smoothly on the job.
The DeWalt DXPW2500E's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The detergent dilution ratio can be manually selected, using the unit's adjustable detergent injection system. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW2500E features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a overflow valve with pressure switch protection.
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the DeWalt DXPW2500E also comes with pressure hose, power cord, spray gun, oil, soap hose and wand.
The DeWalt DXPW2500E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW2500E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 2500 PSI, the DeWalt DXPW2500E is one of the electric products that can produce the highest water pressure, in the $1900 to $2300 price range.
- As this washer can produce a flow of water of 3.5 GPM (gallons per minute), it is average in terms of water volume for the above-mentioned price range. If you’re after the highest rinsing efficiency, one of the units with the highest water flow in the current price range is the NorthStar 1571104, that can deliver up to 4 GPM.
- The DXPW2500E, which reaches up to 8750 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) is one of the most efficient, in comparison to its similarly priced counterparts.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other electric washers between 7000 and 10500 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW2500E is on the expensive side of the price range.
While certainly not the cheapest of its cleaning power range, purchasing it could most likely also mean enjoying the reliability of a high-end product.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DXPW2500E is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).