The DeWalt DXPW3000E is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW3000E
In a nutshell, the DeWalt DXPW3000E is a heavy duty pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Using a 32 amp motor, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of up to 3000 PSI (roughly 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (values claimed by the manufacturer). Together, the values result in a cleaning power of 12000 Cleaning Units.
Since it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the DXPW3000E is started simply by an ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW3000E grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the DXPW3000E convenience of transport.
With a weight of 253.7 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. The major reasons for its heavy weight are its motor, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, the unit’s two 13" pneumatic wheels are crucial to its maneuvrability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
The DeWalt DXPW3000E comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The detergent dilution ratio can be manually selected, using the unit's adjustable detergent injection system. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW3000E's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a overflow valve with pressure switch protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The DeWalt DXPW3000E comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get oil, pressure hose, soap hose, spray gun, nozzle cleaner, wand and power cord.
The DeWalt DXPW3000E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW3000E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 3000 PSI, the DeWalt DXPW3000E is one of the electric products that can produce the highest water pressure, in the $1900 to $2700 price range.
- In the aforementioned price range, the 4 GPM (gallons per minute) of this washer makes it one of the best performing units in terms of the delivered volume of water.
- The DXPW3000E, with its 12000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Pump||General Pump Triplex|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 47.5 x 26.5 x 22.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock, thermal relief valve and overflow valve with pressure switch|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW3000E is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).