The DeWalt DXPW3000E is an electric pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3000 PSI and flow of 4 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Motor||32 amp, induction|
|Pump||General Pump Triplex|
|Other model numbers||60783|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||50 ft, ⌀3/8|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 47.5 x 26.5 x 22.5 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀13", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 35 ft GFCI power cord, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Trigger lock, thermal relief valve and overflow valve with pressure switch|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW3000E
The DeWalt DXPW3000E, a heavy duty pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 32 amp induction motor, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of 3000 PSI (roughly 50 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 4 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the DeWalt DXPW3000E's cleaning power of 12000 Cleaning Units.
As it is an electric pressure washer, the motor of the DXPW3000E gets easily started by a simple ON/OFF switch. The unit is ready-to-use with peace of mind, thanks to the included 35 ft GFCI cord.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW3000E grants mobility and stability to the unit. Its sturdy welded steel frame provides longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW3000E convenience of transport.
At 253.7 lbs, we can't really say that the unit is a lightweight, and manually lifting or transporting it could be a challenge. The main contributors to its weight are its motor, the triplex pump and welded steel frame. However, its two 13" pneumatic wheels play an important part in its maneuverability, as they allow for a smooth manipulation on the job.
The DeWalt DXPW3000E comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent dilution ratio is selected manually, via the unit's adjustable detergent injection system. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 50 ft ⌀3/8" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW3000E features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a overflow valve with pressure switch protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual and documentation to get you promptly started, the DeWalt DXPW3000E comes with wand, pressure hose, soap hose, power cord, nozzle cleaner, spray gun and oil.
The DeWalt DXPW3000E's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW3000E compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW3000E, which can reach up to 3000 PSI, has one of the highest pressure outputs of the electric units that cost between $2100 and $3300.
- With a maximum GPM of 4 (gallons per minute), this washer belongs to the best in terms of water flow, in its respective price range.
- Reaching up to 12000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the DXPW3000E is one of the most efficient amongst its similarly priced peers.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DXPW3000E is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).