The DeWalt DXPW3123 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Engine||166cc Honda GCV170 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||61168|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.8 x 18 x 35.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW3123
The DeWalt DXPW3123 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
Its axial cam pump, which utilizes the brand new, specially built for pressure washers, Honda GCV170 (opens in a new tab) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (almost 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 7130 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered pressure washer’s 166cc engine is started by a traditional pull-start mechanism.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.24 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
With its hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23.8 x W18 x H35.8 in, the DeWalt DXPW3123 provides great mobility. The robust and sturdy steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW3123 convenience of transport.
Weighing 56 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its 166cc Honda GCV170 engine and steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the DXPW3123 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The DeWalt DXPW3123 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a dedicated tank. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 4 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: Stay prepared for any job with DeWalt DXPW3123's handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store any nozzles and accessories which you may need for the job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: The DeWalt DXPW3123 comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get pressure hose, wand, soap hose, oil and spray gun.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW3123 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW3123's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW3123 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $480.
- The DeWalt DXPW3123, a device which can produce up to 3100 PSI, is on the lower end of the pressure spectrum, among the gas-powered pressure washers in the $400-500 price range. In case you are looking for a device with the highest possible power of its water stream, one of the top achievers in this price range is the Simpson PS60995 with a PSI of 3600.
- This washer, with a GPM of 2.3 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3200, which can reach up to 2.8 GPM.
- With 7130 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the DXPW3123 is on the low end when compared to other similarly priced gas-powered devices. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Simpson PS60995 and its 9000 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW3123 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DXPW3123 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).