The DeWalt DXPW3123 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3100 PSI and flow of 2.3 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW3123
In summary, the DeWalt DXPW3123 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
The DeWalt DXPW3123's axial cam pump, powered by the brand new, specially built for pressure washers, Honda GCV170 (opens in a new tab) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3100 PSI (approximately 52 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.3 GPM (CETA-certified values). The DeWalt DXPW3123 thus has a cleaning power of 7130 Cleaning Units.
The 166 cc engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.24 gallon.
Design & Handling
The DeWalt DXPW3123 offers superb mobility, with a hand truck design and approximate dimensions of D23.8 x W18 x H35.8 in. The robust steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW3123 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 56 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its 166 cc Honda GCV170 engine and steel frame account for a good chunk of that weight. However, the two 12" never-flat wheels allow the DXPW3123 to be easily manipulated and maneuvered.
The DeWalt DXPW3123's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 4 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent storage is ensured by a dedicated tank. If a soap nozzle is attached, the device will proceed to add the detergent to the water automatically.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook.
- Nozzles: The 4 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW3123's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the DeWalt DXPW3123 also comes with spray gun, oil, soap hose, pressure hose and wand.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW3123 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW3123's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW3123 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
Note: Even though we couldn’t list its price on this page, our research indicates that some retailers sell this unit around $380.
- With its 3100 PSI max pressure output, the DeWalt DXPW3123 is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $300-400 price range. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the Westinghouse WPX3400 with 3400 PSI.
- The achievable water flow of this washer, which reaches 2.3 GPM (gallons per minute) can be described as low, compared to other devices in its price range. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Predator 3100, which can reach up to 2.8 GPM.
- The 7130 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), of the DXPW3123 result in an average cleaning efficiency, compared to similarly priced gas-powered units. In case you are looking for the highest overall cleaning power, in this price range, one of the current champions is the Predator 3200 and its 8960 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 7000 and 7500 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW3123 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||166 cc Honda GCV170 OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||OEM Technologies™ Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||61168|
|Nozzles||0°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Approx. 23.8 x 18 x 35.8 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀12", never flat|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 4 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DXPW3123 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).