The DeWalt PressuReady DXPW3400PR is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW3400PR
In summary, the DeWalt DXPW3400PR is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and also:
- spot cleaning of hard, paintless surfaces and reaching far-away areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The DeWalt DXPW3400PR's axial cam pump, powered by an impressive 208 cc engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3400 PSI (approximately 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (CETA-certified values). The DeWalt DXPW3400PR thus has a cleaning power of 8500 Cleaning Units.
With a dual start mechanism, the DeWalt engine of this gas-powered pressure washer provides convenience and reliability: you can either choose the practical electric start, or the traditional pull-start mechanism. However, it should be noted that the 20V battery that is mandatory for the electric start is not included.
A steel fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.68 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW3400PR grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
This model weighs 85 lbs. For this reason, it cannot be called lightweight and thus, carrying and transporting it might be somewhat challenging. The main contributor to its weight are its 208 cc DeWalt engine and welded steel frame. However, the unit is manipulated smoothly thanks to its two 10" pneumatic wheels, which play a key role in its maneuvrability.
The DeWalt DXPW3400PR comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
DeWalt's PressuReady® technology offers a waterproof battery compartment that accepts 20V MAX* and FLEXVOLT® batteries.
It removes the need to adjust the choke or to pull the recoil, as the engine starts and the choke self-adjusts when the gun trigger is pulled.
In addition, an integrated smart control panel features a built-in LED diagnostic screen that indicates which mode the pressure washer is in (such as ready-mode or water flow), and warns of potential faults such as lack of fuel or low battery.
- Onboard storage: With the DeWalt DXPW3400PR's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: Besides the usual owner's manual and documentation to get you promptly started, the DeWalt DXPW3400PR comes with spray gun, wand, pressure hose, oil and soap hose.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW3400PR is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW3400PR's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW3400PR compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW3400PR, which can reach a PSI of 3400, achieves an average pressure output, compared to other gas-powered units that cost between $500 and $600. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the A-iPower APW4200 with 4200 PSI.
- This washer, with a GPM of 2.5 (gallons per minute) has a somewhat lower water flow value compared to devices in its price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the A-iPower APW4200 has the highest GPM of 4.
- Amongst similarly priced gas-powered devices, the 8500 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the DXPW3400PR rank as low. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the A-iPower APW4200 and its 16800 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW3400PR is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||208 cc DeWalt OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||AAA Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||DXPW3400PRNB-S|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW3400PR is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).