The DeWalt PressuReady DXPW3400PR is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW3400PR
The DeWalt DXPW3400PR is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, that provides its users with an all-around versatile cleaning experience, and enables:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- use of detergent and cleaning solutions
With an impressive 208 cc engine, its axial cam pump delivers a pressure of 3400 PSI (roughly 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the DeWalt DXPW3400PR's cleaning power of 8500 Cleaning Units.
This gas-powered unit's DeWalt engine is convenient and reliable, thanks to its dual starting mechanism: you can either choose the practical electric start, or the traditional pull-start mechanism. However, it should be noted that the 20V battery that is mandatory for the electric start is not included.
The fuel is stored in a steel tank, which can hold up to 0.68 gallon of gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW3400PR grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The reversible handle offers further versatility, as its different positions make the unit less bulky when stored.
With a weight of 85 lbs, the model is not lightweight. Therefore, it may be challenging to manually carry it around and transport it. Its 208 cc DeWalt engine and welded steel frame are mainly responsible for its heavy weight. However, the unit is mobile thanks to its two 10" pneumatic wheels, which add to its movability and allow it to be manipulated smoothly on the job.
The DeWalt DXPW3400PR's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
DeWalt's PressuReady® technology offers a waterproof battery compartment that accepts 20V MAX* and FLEXVOLT® batteries.
It removes the need to adjust the choke or to pull the recoil, as the engine starts and the choke self-adjusts when the gun trigger is pulled.
In addition, an integrated smart control panel features a built-in LED diagnostic screen that indicates which mode the pressure washer is in (such as ready-mode or water flow), and warns of potential faults such as lack of fuel or low battery.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW3400PR's handy storage area lets you store nozzles and accessories, and thus, you’ll be always prepared and have everything necessary for the job at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: The DeWalt DXPW3400PR comes with an owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you quickly started. On top of that, you also get oil, pressure hose, soap hose, spray gun and wand.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW3400PR is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW3400PR's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW3400PR compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW3400PR, which can reach up to 3400 PSI, has one of the higher pressure outputs of the gas-powered units that cost between $475 and $675. As for the device with the most powerful water stream, in this price range, one of the top products is the DeWalt DXPW3625 with 3600 PSI.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If rinsing away debris most efficiently is your priority, one of the devices with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, which can reach up to 3 GPM.
- In comparison to other gas-powered units of similar price, the 8500 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the DXPW3400PR are average. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW3400PR is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Engine||208 cc DeWalt OHV 4-stroke|
|Pump||AAA Axial Cam|
|Other model numbers||DXPW3400PRNB-S|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW3400PR is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).