The DeWalt DXPW3425 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3400 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW3425
The DeWalt DXPW3425, a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, gives its user an all-around versatile cleaning experience, topped off by the following features:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted and fragile surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its triplex pump, which utilizes a 196 cc (5.8 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3400 PSI (almost 57 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 8500 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX200 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.82 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW3425 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The strong welded steel frame assures assembly longevity. The handle adds to the DXPW3425 convenience of transport.
The unit's weight of 83 lbs renders its carrying and transportation challenging, as it is far from lightweight. Its 196 cc Honda GX200 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame add up to a large chunk of the device's weight. However, the unit’s two 10" pneumatic wheels are crucial to its maneuvrability, since they provide a smooth method of manipulation on the job.
Along with the DeWalt DXPW3425 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. The detergent is automatically added to the water when a soap nozzle is connected.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The table below shows you the 5 included nozzles, as well as the surfaces they're the most appropriate for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the DeWalt DXPW3425's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage) and a low oil protection.
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the DeWalt DXPW3425 also comes with pressure hose, nozzle cleaner, oil, soap hose, wand and spray gun.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW3425 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. Therefore, the sale and purchase of this pressure washer is permitted in all of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW3425's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW3425 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- With its 3400 PSI max pressure output, the DeWalt DXPW3425 is in the expected pressure range, for gas-powered units in the $500-600 price range. If your priority is the highest possible power of the water stream, in this price range, we suggest checking out the DeWalt DXPW3625, which reaches up to 3600 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Briggs & Stratton 20505 has the highest GPM of 2.8.
- In comparison to other gas-powered units of similar price, the 8500 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) of the DXPW3425 are average. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Briggs & Stratton 20505 with its 9520 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 8000 and 8500 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW3425 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc 5.8 HP Honda GX200 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(L x W x H)
|Approx. 34 x 21 x 22 in|
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW3425 is covered under a warranty for up to 10 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).