The DeWalt DXPW3625 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3600 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc 5.8 HP Honda GX200 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW3625
In a nutshell, the DeWalt DXPW3625 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- intense cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
With a 196 cc (5.8 hp) engine, its triplex pump delivers a pressure of 3600 PSI (roughly 60 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (CETA-certified values), resulting in the DeWalt DXPW3625's cleaning power of 9000 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX200 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline is stored in a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.82 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW3625 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW3625 convenience of transport.
Weighing 76 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its 196 cc Honda GX200 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Since the DXPW3625 has a set of two 10" pneumatic wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The DeWalt DXPW3625's package includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, with a more detailed description below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: Using a set of convenient hooks, the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be easily stored on the unit when it is not running.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook allows for an easy storage of the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW3625 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a low oil protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the DeWalt DXPW3625 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as oil, spray gun, wand, nozzle cleaner, soap hose and pressure hose.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW3625 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW3625's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW3625 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW3625, reaching a PSI of up to 3600, is one of the most powerful gas-powered units in $500-600 price range.
- When compared to devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), is on the lower end of the achievable water flow. If maximum rinsing efficiency is your top priority, one of the devices with the highest water flow in the same price range is the Lifan LFQ3370E, with a GPM of 3.
- Reaching up to 9000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM), the DXPW3625 is one of the more efficient amongst its similarly priced peers. When it comes to the highest overall cleaning power in the current price range, one of the products at the very top currently is the Lifan LFQ3370E and its 9900 Cleaning Units.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9000 and 9500 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW3625 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DXPW3625 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).