The DeWalt DXPW3625 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3600 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc 5.8 HP Honda GX200 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW3625
In a nutshell, the DeWalt DXPW3625 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces or high reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its triplex pump, which utilizes a 196 cc (5.8 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3600 PSI (almost 60 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 9000 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX200 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer relies on an old-school pull-start mechanism to get started.
A fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.82 gallon is used to store gasoline.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW3625 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust welded steel frame guarantees longevity of the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW3625 convenience of transport.
With a weight of 76 lbs, the unit can be easily maneuvered by most users. Its 196 cc Honda GX200 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Since the DXPW3625 has a set of two 10" pneumatic wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
The DeWalt DXPW3625 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. When a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent will be added automatically to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: The included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand can be easily stored in a side hook. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The following table illustrates the 5 included nozzles, along with the surfaces which they are the most suitable for.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW3625 features a handy storage area, which allows you to neatly store nozzles and accessories and be always prepared by having everything needed at hand.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a low oil protection, a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation) and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: On top of an owner's manual and the usual documentation to get you swiftly started, the DeWalt DXPW3625 also comes with spray gun, wand, oil, pressure hose, soap hose and nozzle cleaner.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW3625 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW3625's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW3625 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW3625, which can reach up to 3600 PSI, has one of the highest pressure outputs of the gas-powered units that cost between $400 and $500.
- In its respective price range, the water flow of this washer, 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), ranks as average. If being able to rinse away debris as efficiently as possible is your priority, one of the products with the highest GPM in this price range is the Lifan LFQ3370, with 3 GPM.
- The DXPW3625, with its 9000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the Lifan LFQ3370, which can reach up to 9900 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9000 and 9500 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW3625 is on the cheap side of the price range.
It can therefore be a really good buy if you're looking to acquire a budget pressure washer.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DXPW3625 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).