The DeWalt DXPW3625 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3600 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196cc 5.8 HP Honda GX200 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW3625
In a nutshell, the DeWalt DXPW3625 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, unpainted surfaces and high-reach cleaning
- thorough cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces
- cleaning of painted or delicate surfaces
- application of detergent and cleaning solutions
The DeWalt DXPW3625's triplex pump, powered by a 196cc (5.8 hp) engine, can provide a pressure of up to 3600 PSI (approximately 60 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM (CETA-certified values). The DeWalt DXPW3625 thus has a cleaning power of 9000 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX200 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.82 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW3625 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW3625 convenience of transport.
Weighing 76 lbs, the unit is easy to maneuver by most people. Its 196cc Honda GX200 engine, the triplex pump and welded steel frame all add up to a substantial part of that weight. Nethertheless, thanks to its two 10" pneumatic wheels, the DXPW3625 remains very easy to manipulate and maneuver.
The DeWalt DXPW3625 comes with a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are detailed below.
- Soap injection: While the device doesn't feature a soap tank, detergent supply is ensured by a siphon hose. The detergent will be added automatically to the water when a soap nozzle is attached.
- Pressure hose: The included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose can be neatly stored on the unit when idle thanks to a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: A side hook enables you to easily store the included classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand. A rotating auxiliary side handle further improves both left-handed and right-handed users' comfort.
- Nozzles: The 5 included nozzles, and the respective surfaces they’re appropriate for, are listed in the table below.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: The DeWalt DXPW3625 allows you to be always fully prepared, as it features a handy storage area, where nozzles and accessories can be stored.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage), a low oil protection and a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation).
- Accessories: Included with the DeWalt DXPW3625 are also the owner's manual (opens in a new tab) and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as wand, soap hose, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, oil and spray gun.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW3625 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. This means that this pressure washer can be bought and sold in each of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW3625's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW3625 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- The DeWalt DXPW3625, with a max water pressure of 3600 PSI, has one of the highest PSI values of the gas-powered products in the $600-700 price range.
- The water flow of this washer, which reaches up to 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute) is one of the higher values found in the above-mentioned price range. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the Generac 6924 has the highest GPM of 2.6.
- The DXPW3625, with its 9000 Cleaning Units (PSI X GPM) sits at the high end of the cleaning efficiency spectrum, when compared to other devices of similar price. If you are after the highest overall cleaning power, the Generac 6924 with its 9360 Cleaning Units is one of the products that can achieve the highest cleaning efficiency in this price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9000 and 9500 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW3625 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers. DeWalt gas-powered washers are manufactured by FNA, and electric washers are manufactured by Stanley Black & Decker.
The DeWalt DXPW3625 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).