The DeWalt DXPW3625 is a gas-powered pressure washer offering a maximum water pressure of 3600 PSI and flow of 2.5 GPM. (Read full specs)
Zoom on the DeWalt DXPW3625
In a nutshell, the DeWalt DXPW3625 is a heavy duty, commercial pressure washer, which not only offers an all-around versatile cleaning experience, but that also allows:
- spot cleaning of hard, paint-free surfaces and out-of-reach areas
- intense cleaning of tough, paintless surfaces
- cleaning of painted and frail surfaces
- applying detergent and cleaning solutions
Its triplex pump, which utilizes a 196 cc (5.8 hp) engine, may deliver a pressure of up to 3600 PSI (almost 60 times more than a standard garden hose) and a flow of up to 2.5 GPM. These values correspond to a cleaning power of 9000 Cleaning Units.
The Honda GX200 engine of this gas-powered pressure washer gets started by a classic pull-start mechanism.
Gasoline storage is facilitated by a fuel tank with a maximum capacity of 0.82 gallon.
Design & Handling
The wheelbarrow design of the DeWalt DXPW3625 grants mobility and stability to the unit. The robust and sturdy welded steel frame offers longevity to the assembly. The handle adds to the DXPW3625 convenience of transport.
Most users can maneuver this model easily, as it weighs just 76 lbs. One of the largest contributors to its weight are its 196 cc Honda GX200 engine, the triplex pump and its welded steel frame. Since the DXPW3625 has a set of two 10" pneumatic wheels, it is still easily maneuvered and manipulated.
Along with the DeWalt DXPW3625 itself, the package also includes a spray gun, a wand, a pressure hose, 5 nozzles and a detergent injection feature, which are discussed in further detail below.
- Soap injection: Detergent is fed in through a siphon hose, since the device lacks a soap tank. Whenever a soap nozzle is connected, the detergent is automatically added to the water.
- Pressure hose: A neat storage for the included 25 ft ⌀1/4" high-pressure hose is facilitated by a set of convenient hooks.
- Spray gun and wand: Both the classic ergonomic spray gun and its wand may be conveniently stored in a side hook. The gun features a rotating auxiliary side handle to further improve the comfort of both left and right-handed users.
- Nozzles: The 5 nozzles included with the device, and the respective surfaces which they’re the most suitable for, are shown in the following table.
|Concrete, brick, masonry||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable||Suitable|
|Siding, gutters, house||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Fencing, deck, patio||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable||Suitable|
|Lawn equipment, boat, RV||Not recommended||Use with caution||Use with caution||Use with caution||Suitable|
Note: The shape of the nozzles above is for illustration purposes only and may differ.
Red cross: Not recommended. Green check: Suitable. Orange check: Use with caution.
- Onboard storage: With the DeWalt DXPW3625's handy storage area, you’ll always have all the necessary nozzles and accessories at hand and thus, you’ll be fully prepared for any job.
- Safety: Safety of operation is enhanced by a trigger lock mechanism (which prevents accidental operation), a low oil protection and a thermal relief valve (which helps to prevent internal pump damage).
- Accessories: Included with the DeWalt DXPW3625 are also the owner's manual and some basic documentation to get you promptly started, along with several accessories, such as oil, spray gun, nozzle cleaner, pressure hose, soap hose and wand.
- Emissions: The DeWalt DXPW3625 is EPA-approved and CARB-compliant. And so, this pressure washer is available for sale and purchase in any of the 50 states, including California.
The DeWalt DXPW3625's performance versus other pressure washers
The following charts are provided to give you an idea of how the key specs of the DeWalt DXPW3625 compare to similarly priced pressure washers.
- Able to deliver a maximum pressure of 3600 PSI, the DeWalt DXPW3625 is one of the gas-powered products that produce an above average water pressure, in the $500 to $600 price range. If the highest possible power of the water stream is your priority, one of the champions in this price range is the A-iPower APW4200 with 4200 PSI.
- In comparison to other devices in the above-mentioned price range, this washer and its 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), has one of the lower GPM values. In case you are looking for a device which can most efficiently rinse away debris in the current price range, the A-iPower APW4200 has the highest GPM of 4.
- As the DXPW3625 has a total of 9000 Cleaning Units (PSI x GPM), it finds itself in the average cleaning efficiency range for similarly priced gas-powered units. If the highest overall cleaning power is your top priority, the A-iPower APW4200, which can reach up to 16800 Cleaning Units, is one of the most efficient of the devices in the current price range.
As you can see from this interactive chart, when compared to other gas-powered washers between 9000 and 9500 Cleaning Units, the DeWalt DXPW3625 is on the average side of the price range.
Therefore, this pressure washer nicely fits in the expected budget for this kind of cleaning power.
Features and Specifications
|Water||Cold (100°F max.)|
|Engine||196 cc 5.8 HP Honda GX200 4-stroke OHV|
|Soap injection||Via siphon hose|
|Nozzles||0°, 15°, 25°, 40°, Soap|
|Quick connect nozzles||Yes|
|Hose||25 ft, ⌀1/4|
(D x W x H)
|Wheels||2 wheels, ⌀10", pneumatic|
|Included accessories||Oil, nozzle cleaner, wand, spray gun, high pressure hose, soap hose, 5 nozzles|
|Security||Low oil, trigger lock and thermal relief valve|
Unlike many websites, we did our best to research each of the specs above. That being said, we are not immune to making the occasional mistake or omission. Should you notice any missing or incorrect values, don't hesitate to suggest improvements so we can address the issue.
With the invention of the first radial arm saw in 1922 by Raymond DeWalt, the company has since grown into one of the top names in power tools in the industry. Acquired by Black & Decker in 1960, the DeWALT brand has become a favorite of contractors, particularly in North America. It boasts seven manufacturing facilities in the U.S. Though known mainly for professional-grade corded-electric and battery-powered hand tools, the company has also begun to offer some outdoor power equipment as well, such as leaf blowers and string trimmers.
The DeWalt DXPW3625 is covered under a warranty for up to 5 years. This warranty may be limited and may not cover all parts of the unit.
For more information about the warranty of DeWalt pressure washers, please consult DeWalt's warranty policies (opens in a new tab). Alternatively, you can also contact their Customer Support: 1-800-4-DEWALT (800-433-9258).